Header flow numbers

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
I did a search and did not find much on this topic, so bear with me.

I have a 440 with Schumacher Tri-Ys. Great for a conversion, but I would suspect they are restrictive. Welds around ports are large and a bit restrictive. I would suspect if I went with Fenders or TTI's I would see and improvement at the track. Would I see it anywhere else.

What are the benefits of going to TTI's?

What are they to fender wells.

Has anyone done a comparison between TTI and the Tri-Y's, if so what are the results

I have uncoated Tri's, with no mods. I am looking at coated TTI 2" - any and all thoughts please

I did a search and did not find much on this topic, so bear with me.

I have a 440 with Schumacher Tri-Ys. Great for a conversion, but I would suspect they are restrictive. Welds around ports are large and a bit restrictive. I would suspect if I went with Fenders or TTI's I would see and improvement at the track. Would I see it anywhere else.

What are the benefits of going to TTI's?

What are they to fender wells.

Has anyone done a comparison between TTI and the Tri-Y's, if so what are the results

I have uncoated Tri's, with no mods. I am looking at coated TTI 2" - any and all thoughts please

the test I read said there was 3 tenths diff. between the 2'' , and the conversion headers---bob:burnout:

I have always heard that Tri Y's were ok, but not near as effective as full tubes.

Bob - thanks, what I was looking for. Any 2"? Seems everyone really likes the TTI's, is there something else in BB Dart world that is better?

Has anyone tried the TTI shorty headers? I am seriously considering them for my 408. I know they will not be optimum compared to the full length's but I'm not trying to squeeze every 100th of a second out of it. I hope that there will be no 4 speed Z-Bar related fitment issues and that the performance loss between the two will not be noticed on a street driven car.

Russ

It would help to know a little more about your engine combo.
I've run Schumacher headers down to 11.59 with a mildly modified 440 auto.

It would help to know a little more about your engine combo.
I've run Schumacher headers down to 11.59 with a mildly modified 440 auto.

Here what I have,

84 LA Block, Bored to 4.030/forged crank, rods and pistons (4 inch stroke) 408 ci.

RHS LA-X Heads, valve dia. 2.055 intake x 1.625 exhaust
60 cc Chambers.
These heads flow to 270cfm

Cam, Bullet Hyd. Roller
Duration at .006, .303 intake, 315 Exhaust
Gross lift 563/563
108 degree lobe separation
1.6 Hugh's roller rockers

Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake. I haven't decided on a carb just yet but am leaning toward an Edelbrock 800CFM AVS or Performer electric choke.

My question is, how much will the TTI shorty headers effect the performance on this engine combo as far a street cruising (not a daily driver or racer)

Here what I have,

84 LA Block, Bored to 4.030/forged crank, rods and pistons (4 inch stroke) 408 ci.

RHS LA-X Heads, valve dia. 2.055 intake x 1.625 exhaust
60 cc Chambers.
These heads flow to 270cfm

Cam, Bullet Hyd. Roller
Duration at .006, .303 intake, 315 Exhaust
Gross lift 563/563
108 degree lobe separation
1.6 Hugh's roller rockers

Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake. I haven't decided on a carb just yet but am leaning toward an Edelbrock 800CFM AVS or Performer electric choke.

My question is, how much will the TTI shorty headers effect the performance on this engine combo as far a street cruising (not a daily driver or racer)

I thought this was a big block A-Body header discussion......

I thought this was a big block A-Body header discussion......

I thought this was a discussion comparing shorty/tri-Y headers to the full lengths.The Title of the thread does not specify big or small block. My posting was in response to another member asking for more specific information about my engine build. If Your feathers got ruffled because of this, SORRY!!!!!!!!!!! But deal with it.

-
Back