header options

-

vitamindart

Reaction score
ok i have a 66 valiant , i'm thinking smallblock w/a 5 speed has anyone tried that, haven't decided on either the reworked stock bell or a quick time bell ...the quick time bell looks much smaller so that would be a positive.

Thanks

TTI's, Doug's, Spitfire's, or make your own. I also think Hooker makes a semi-fenderwell set where some tubes go through the fenderwell & some go under the chassis. Don't know about fit with a 5 speed & an after-market bell might give you some problems too.

The TTI Headers are a beautiful and quality set! I believe they list for $776 plus shpg.

Doug's are a good set as well and have come way down in price from $900 to around $700 or so; check Summit Racing.

I suppose I should offer up my set of Spitfire early A-body headers as I don't think I will ever use them.

Will post on the classifieds for anyone in need.

Keep us posted on your project.
Gary

Schumacher.

I wasn't aware of anything from Schumacher (www.engine-swaps.com) so I just checked their site. Looks like they have a Tri-Y set under development that they are currently testing for fitment on various chassis. Still don't know if it will fit the early A or not. Biggest problem I saw was that the estimated cost for a coated set will be right up there with the Doug's & TTI's, maybe even more. But, at least it's another alternative, & it has a ball flange instead of the usual 3-bolt style, so it should seal well.

-
Back