Headers for a A body

-
Cam choice is probably the most crucial one for streetability so question is what other parts you need to make desired hp with the level of streetable cam you want to use.

You are trying to arrange going to look.at a car, weather permiting, and worrying about headers. Quit trying to push chain. Go look at and inspect the vehicle. Once you drive it a bit you may find maintenance items that need attention first. Down the road after driving it for a while, decide what you want to change.
not just headers...... Basic 318 Mods
and...... Timing Chain
and...... GM Alternators
dan does to be fair ask questions in a much more 'normal' way now though, he doesn't seem to get everyone's back up these days which is great.

every engine can benefit from a good set of long tube headers!! shortys are half ***'d and ant much better than a good set of cast iron manifolds! dougs seem to be best fitting and best cost, orilleys has a sale on them every so often, headers and good exhaust should be first upgrade after any and all safety issues are fixed first!
Yup, my G8 had long tubes on it when I bought it and apparently just the headers and a full exhaust on that car are good for 40 whp before a tune. They can make a huge difference.

th
They can be made to fit, but like I said, you have to be willing/able to do fab work to modify them. Remember, these are designed for later ('67 and up) A bodies, the early As are quite a bit more confined.
The passenger side fits fine, however the driver's side needs a bit of work.
Stock:
View attachment 1716190275
Modified:
View attachment 1716190276
Note that the #1 tube has to be cut and rerouted so it joins the #3 tube, and the collector needs to be reworked after #1 has been removed from it. Since #1 and #3 don't fire at the same time, sharing the #3 exhaust tube has minimal effect on the performance of the shorty header.
63 dart v8 swap
those headers are decent my stock 340 ran a 13.89 at 102 mph with those headers. Still have them with a full 2 1/2" exhaust system in my garage , just waiting to buy another small block car or truck to put them on

-
Back