Headers question

-
run these also on my valiant....good fitment, easy mounting, good power! You made a good decision.

Michael

man that thing sounds good.. did you have to remove the column to get through the one pipe or is the pipe removable?

I run that same Hedman Hustler header, but in the 1 3/4 primary (I didn't know about the bigger version at the time). I like them. My old 7qt low profile milodon pan had to be massaged with a hammer to make them fit. A few years back I switched to a Canton pan that clears the headers (but it has other issues).....long story short, they work well. My car runs low 10's @ ~3200#'s with ported Edelbrocks and a solid flat tappet.

Yes please! Thank you.

I will definitely be test fitting before coating. Good thing I am not afraid to cut, bend or weld.... lol
Bill, It's kinda far away from you but do you ever get over east to Yakima?

Bill, It's kinda far away from you but do you ever get over east to Yakima?
We used to go twice a year when my daughter was playing select soccer. Haven’t been there in years but plan to go this summer for the Mopar event at the race track there.

A TTI header will never perform as well as the header he’s looking at. Hedmen headers make horsepower.
The TTI headers will cost you 20 or more horse power. But they fit better. The Hookers or the Headmans make more power but are a pain in the butt to install. I had to get a local guy at a muffler shop to modify my Headmans. I went from 1 and 5/8 street headers to 2" Hooker headers and the car sounded better and picked up almost. .010 in the 1/8 mile.

I had TTI’s on my 340 and went with the Hedmans on the 408. The Hedmans were much easier to install.

I ran Tubular Automotive headers for years when my last pair literally wore out I went to TTIs , I was never really crazy about them. So last year I ordered a new pair of Tubular Automotive headers after waiting awhile because they had a material shortage issue . I had them coated as they always fit well with no problems. The new set fit poorly, the collectors were a real pain to get on , one tube hit the steering and they hung so low I couldn't get the car in my trailer let alone bolt my mufflers and exhaust up. They fixed the damaged tube no charge and didn't know why they didn't fit as my other sets did. I ended up selling them and going back to the TTIs . They said I could bring the car up to their shop and put a set in and address the problems but I haven't done so yet.

64DB2B5B-EBC5-42FE-90D8-CAD89D463DF6.jpeg

We used to go twice a year when my daughter was playing select soccer. Haven’t been there in years but plan to go this summer for the Mopar event at the race track there.
Cool there will be a couple of fabo members including myself there. Luckily I won't be needing to push rat bastid around in a wheelchair

What size front tire and wheel are you guys running with these Headman headers? Backspace and width of front wheel if known as well please?
I think my front tires are either 27" or 28", I can't remember off the top of my head. They are 4" wide Hoosier front runners. I can't remember the wheel back spacing either. I just reinstalled then today after being coated. Still prefer these to any one piece headers.

-
Back