Headers with AlterKation

-

Crazy4408pac

N. Michigan
Reaction score
Just tried to test fit the old Headmans, that were on the 440, when I was in my 73 Charger. Was not promising. There's only about 3.5" from engine to inner fender, on the pass side. As you can see in the below pic of the drivers side. There isn't a lot of room between engine and steering at the firewall. Every since I decided to go with an AlterK. I've had many people on this site and other sites say "Oh you can use any header, no problem". I really don't think so. This is in a 72 Dart Swinger.
Was talking to a dude at a local car show. He suggested Shumacher Tri-Ys.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Attachments

• headrclrnc.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 273
  • headclrnc2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 278
he had tti headers on his car when the 440 was in it.

call tti and ask them. tell them what you have.

why not call RMS and ask bill?

I called Bill. He only would recomend TTIs. Looking at their offerings. I have doubts that they would fit.

he had tti headers on his car when the 440 was in it. call tti and ask them. tell them what you have.

Do you think he is lying or just doesn't know his product?

Netiher..

TTI's will fit with stock suspension. All of the tight spots are eliminated with his system. (torsion bars, steering box, engine alignment) The only thing that will remain tight is the starter.

Starter needs to be installed with the header in place but unbolted. Set up your starter ahead of time with quick connects. Hardest part of doing the starter is wiring it up in place.

-
Back