Headers?

-

67 Power Wagon

Hemi Pawr or BUST!
Reaction score
Guys, I'm "researching" again.....I seen this:

318Mopar.jpg

And got to thinking, the motor in my truck is out, and it has regular ole manifolds on it, in pretty good shape, the question is, should I put headers on the 383 or leave it stock? Nothing wrong with the factory manifolds but. a few more ponies would be nice....Just thinkin on it, nothing signed in stone with blood............yet.

The headers in the pic are on a 318 "A" Poly Head.....I know, completely different but who makes headers like that? a lot of "rolls" in those pipes.....I bet those were a fun one to make! Those custom? Or does someone know of a place that makes them or something like them?

Interesting, because my Nephew just got a new pipe bender and I was teasing him about making a set of braided headers.

LOL this is a GREAT way for inspiration yeah TrailBeast????? LOL I just seen the pic of those headers and had to ask. I am NOT putting anything like thast on my truck, but the sound of adding headers, (the sound of speaking of adding headers to my truck) is GREAT, but, who is the best way to go? Anyone die hard for "A" company, or die hard "B" company........? AND whats the name of the company? LOL

As for the braided headers, they sure like a lot of "F bombs" to me! LOL and I can do both, weld and bend pipe but holy **** that looks tedious!

"Tedious" that's one word for it lol I'm always game for headers. Even if just for the better sound you get from them.

MD,
I want to add headers when the money is in hand at some point, but not sure where to go for them, any recommendations? I think the ole 383 will sounds pretty damn good all snazzed out like that.... Nuthin like these dumbasses with fart cans tho, I hate 'em....sound of a pissed off bumble bee if ya ask me, the 383 will be the sound of power....

I have a few people I know, through my Step-Son that has cars and trucks with the damned things and they look and sound like a pile fulla dog crap....I mean a 1.9 L 4 banger, you know?

MD, I want to add headers when the money is in hand at some point, but not sure where to go for them, any recommendations? I think the ole 383 will sounds pretty damn good all snazzed out like that.... Nuthin like these dumbasses with fart cans tho, I hate 'em....sound of a pissed off bumble bee if ya ask me, the 383 will be the sound of power.... I have a few people I know, through my Step-Son that has cars and trucks with the damned things and they look and sound like a pile fulla dog crap....I mean a 1.9 L 4 banger, you know?
i have not had headers in an a body, but I'm always reading posts from people raving about tti and Doug's. If your crafty enough, you can always make your own

you said engine out of your truck.. is it going back in your truck, or a-body? Most of the time, in a truck ,you don't have near the fitment/clearance issues that you will encounter in an A-body.... A-body, Doug's, TTI, or Schumacher, whatever fits your build... in a truck, I would go heddman or even summit brand..... but not shorty headers (not on a truck, pulling trailers etc, I have not had good luck keeping collector gaskets in shorty headers)

Yeah guys, I did forget to mention, the 383 is remaining in my truck. not going into a car at all. I want to keep it as original as I can get it as far as motor and all is concerned....Plus, I want to do some mild truck pulling with it....in "stock" classes....

So long headers it is, that I knew the short headers in a truck I have been told and know of myself are difficult to keep in good working order.

As for that, I'll see what Summit has, and go from there. Anyone have experience with Summit and 383 parts? (it will be a bit till I'm able to purchase) but having a little knowledge there-of doesn't hurt.....PLUS, shopping around a little gets the thoughts flowing on what I am and what I'm not willing to spend!

Yeah guys, I did forget to mention, the 383 is remaining in my truck. not going into a car at all. I want to keep it as original as I can get it as far as motor and all is concerned....Plus, I want to do some mild truck pulling with it....in "stock" classes.... So long headers it is, that I knew the short headers in a truck I have been told and know of myself are difficult to keep in good working order. As for that, I'll see what Summit has, and go from there. Anyone have experience with Summit and 383 parts? (it will be a bit till I'm able to purchase) but having a little knowledge there-of doesn't hurt.....PLUS, shopping around a little gets the thoughts flowing on what I am and what I'm not willing to spend!
if that's the case, i like the Flowtech headers.

Too bad it's not a small block. I have a set of ceramic coated ones for a truck that have never been bolted on.

Sorry Rob, yeah mine is the B/RB 383...... What small block tho? (or does it really matter 318-340-360?) I ask as I may have a few buddies looking..... IF so, I'll let you know and see/tell 'em what your looking to get from them and let them know!

I dunno if the Step-Son is still looking for headers or not for the Ramcharger.... he has a 83 with a 318 in it.....BUT I'm not sure if hes going that route, OR if hes plans to just sell it, I'll find out tho in either case!

Will fit any small block in a 73-92 truck.

them too

Forgive me....looks like it's 74-91.

Hey Rob, question, what ya looking to get outta the headers? I ask as tomorrow, i'll see him and at least 2 friends if not a couple more, and can pass the info along to see if any one of them is interested.....

Update Rob,
Just got home a little bit ago from the visit today.....(My Step-Son graduated and we had a party for him (he was to do this LAST year but took a leave to only agree to go back this year, and complete it, and he done just that....However at this party for him, I seen 2 friends of his, that have no interest, they both got the small block Mopar parts, and then the rest of them will know of what I can get them, from you, IF they're interested....

My Step-Son however has no interest, he sold the 84 Ramcharger to another friend which was one, that was not seen today! Not one of them knows what the others may be looking for, if anything, but. that could change! SO.... I'll dig and see what I can come up with!

Yeah that figures. When I need it the most, nobody's interested. I have a new set of Dougs D451 headers too. They fit B and E bodies with low deck big blocks.

Well its not over yet.....There are about 10 others that he and I know that may be looking....He told me today over the phone that if he still had the Ramcharger hed be looking as he had nothing for it it just ran good and that was the selling point....As the whole rig was in pretty good shape!

What ya looking to get for any of it man? That way I can get a figure of what they're expecting....?

Headers in the truck are a breeze , had a set on my 77 ramcharger with a 440 , definitely worth it . Truck will sound better and have a bit more power . I used Hookee headers on the truck , was a 1/2 hour install , dropped right in

Well its not over yet.....There are about 10 others that he and I know that may be looking....He told me today over the phone that if he still had the Ramcharger hed be looking as he had nothing for it it just ran good and that was the selling point....As the whole rig was in pretty good shape!

What ya looking to get for any of it man? That way I can get a figure of what they're expecting....?

Lookin for 150 for the small blocks and 350 for the big blocks.

-
Back