Headliner and stainless trim clips installation

-

grjammer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 67 notchback barracuda that I am putting a new headliner in. I have a great set of stainless window trim to install also, and the car already has the 68 seals.
My question is Can I do both with the windows in? this notch previously had a vinyl top. I dont plan on putting one back on it.
What would be the best order to do the installs?
I am guessing at this.
1. remove glass and seals front and rear
2. drill and install clips
3. install insulation and headliner
4. install seals and glass
5. install trim
Any advice would be helpful

Windows have to come out to install headliner because of the teeth that hold it on the front and the back. Just done my 67 Notch

The order (Based on your numbers) That I did mine in.
1, 3, 2, 4 - Just about to do #5

You got it. There are little saw tooth like attach points for the headliner hidden beneath the gaskets. I did once see a headliner installed while gaskets remained in place but custom made tools were used. To drill the holes for the reveal molding clips is dang near impossible while gaskets in place too so...
Tips... cover those rear seat bottom anchors or they will eat your knees. Hubcaps and a heavy blanket works for me.
Loosely install the screws for visors, dome lamp, etc... so you can locate those holes through the new headliner.

Take your time with the sail panels also or they will just piss you off...not that I know this from experience :p

is this the procedure for a fastback//can u do it without removing windows ??

I did buy new sail panel cardboard pieces because the car didnt have any. I haven't unwrapped the new headliner yet to see what is there. should be an interesting challenge.

Windows have to come out to install headliner because of the teeth that hold it on the front and the back. Just done my 67 Notch

The order (Based on your numbers) That I did mine in.
1, 3, 2, 4 - Just about to do #5
It is easier with the windows out, but it can be done with them left in place. Ask me how I know

ok, how do you know ??? pic's video ?? looking to do mine//any tools needed ?? I did a 72 roadrunner when I was in the military//years ago

yeah, now I recall beer and a valium

well I guess this answers all

A first for the Mopar restoration industry, Legendary Auto Interiors® has gone the extra mile to replicate original Mopar sun visors down to the smallest details.

right out of the "classic Industries" catalog

MD1415330 - 1969-70 Mopar A-Body / B-Body Dark Metallic Blue Coachman Grain Vinyl Original Style Sun Visors
A first for the Mopar restoration industry, Legendary Auto Interiors® has gone the extra mile to replicate original Mopar sun visors down to the smallest details.

Our Restorer's Choice™ Sun Visors Feature:
  • Year-correct Coachman grain vinyl
  • Original shape
  • Correct thickness
  • Colors more vibrant than other sun visors on the market

Next question: wtf are the staples for in the front and rear window channels? Is this a vinyl top thing? must of been a hell of staple gun

-
Back