Headliner install

-
No doubt in my mind I can figure out a headliner.

Well their you go your ready now. You will do fine. That's the mentality I
was saying you need to have.
Now that your all stoked. Take your time and pay close attention especially
in the sails where you are streching two directions at once. Use contact cement
and follow the directions on the can. Give the glue time to dry before pressing it in place.
The best results are found in the details most would likely overlook.
You should do a follow up here with pictures when done. Like where
you got your headliner and how it worked and fit.
Everyone loves pictures here. Make your Mopar look good and save some money.

One more common mistake to avoid is do not use 3M trim adhesive in aerosol cans on bow type headliners. It never dries and will allow a tight streched headliner to slip and sag on a hot day when the glue warms up and thins out. Contact cement is what you need.

Before you do this I wanted to throw you another option which is far easier and looks better. Use a 73 and newer style. They go right in.

This is a photo of the clips a member sent me I don't remember any of these clips as you can see I bagged and tagged most things. I can't see me losing 10 of them. Also you can see mine doesn't have the slots for them like his photo does. Any ideas?

Posted via Topify on Android

Attachments

• topify_1410411683930.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 162
  • topify_1410411706569.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 133
  • topify_1410411810983.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 138
You need the bars that have the bends on the ends, they just poke into the holes. Those clips don't work with your car.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 150
Thanks and that's what I have. I knew I wasn't going loco. Now of the 3 holes grouped any idea which one they go in.

On mine, the front two bars went in the forward or middle holes. Then the next two were in the top holes. I don't recall where the last or back bar went. Perhaps there is only one hole or there is a clip?? I didn't take a pic of it so I must have figured there was no option. Do you have a pic of the back sail panel area?

Oh, and the bars in my pic are in order. Green to the front and work back from there. It's hard to see but it looks like 2 green, 1 blue, 1 orange and 1 brown (purple). Not sure but I seem to recall a purple?? Maybe the blue is actually purple.
Edit the blue looks blue. I think what I called brown is purple

This is the only other picture I have on my phone at work. I did number my bows when I took them out. Couldn't remember if I numbered front to back or vise versa. But your photo helps as mine are same color on ends. Looks like I in fact do have what I need to install.

Attachments

• 0910141931.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 160
As far as which of the three holes to use you should have marked them while removing
original headliner.
Since you have no marks you need to do a dry run fitting of the bows without the cloth to determine the fit of the bows to your individual car.
The 3 positions are there to adjust for the differences or factory tolerances from car to car.
There needs to be a slight arc in the bow creating some spring pressure when installed. It should be able to swing front to rear some without dragging on roof skin. This allows free movement to stretch the fabric without it hanging up on car body. Think suspended and only fixed mounting around the perimiter.

So I can see the bows are shorter. I'm assuming I need to put them in and center them the slit the retainer things?

Posted via Topify on Android

Attachments

• topify_1410470339967.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 133
  • topify_1410470355177.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 113
-
Back