Headliner

-

Mikes270dart

Reaction score
I was looking at the instalation of the headliner in my 1965 dart 2dr post. does the front window have to come out so that you can get the fabric under the rubber seal and what kind of glue is used. Any other instation tips would be appriciated.

All I've seen had the same old yellow weatherstrip adhesive like the 3M commonly called gorilla snot. Today we can buy it in black. it doesn't set very fast so you'll need to use some clamps for an hour or so.

Contact cement works too good for the do-it-yerselfer. If you should need to readjust you might tear the material before that stuff lets go. Just my .02

Hey Mike, in my opinion I would let the pro's do it. How bout Nigel?? Send the car to him for a day, might be worth it.

Did mine with both windows out, and no glue (uh, maybe I should have?) . Fingers hurt for a week. Still need to steam it as its a little loose and the fold creases still show. The "dragon teeth" that you pull the headliner over are not accessible with the window gasket in place as far as I remember (on a '65 Barracuda)

Did mine with both windows out, and no glue (uh, maybe I should have?) . Fingers hurt for a week. Still need to steam it as its a little loose and the fold creases still show. The "dragon teeth" that you pull the headliner over are not accessible with the window gasket in place as far as I remember (on a '65 Barracuda)
Mine went in no problem,with both windows in(front and back)

-
Back