heads

-

AbodyJohn88

Reaction score
just wondering why there arnt more after market mopar heads out there? flip through a jegs or summit and it seems like there's litterlay hundred's of chevy and ford performance heads and only a few mopar heads scatterd in there? why does it seem like theres only about 5 or 6 companies making mopar heads and a limited number of different styles?

LOL, yep, that's true, but then again, be thankful you don't drive something else. Take a look at or I should say take a look for;

S/B Olds
Caddy's or even, eeeeeeeek! BUICKS!

Outside of MoPar Performance, of theres Edelbrock, Indy and Brodix for the small blocks and a few others for the big blocks like 440source and Predator heads.
What are you looking to do?

I hear you.

I want a set of aluminum heads that flow but look stock. I guess the 440 source ones are the best I can do, but there should be more options.

I built my race motor with a set of ported Indy SR's and Harland Sharp rockers. Then I ran into a deal on some Indy 440-1 CNC 325's. Haven't even started my motor, and I am pulling it apart to change out the heads.

Now I have $2,700 in the SR heads with the porting and valve job, and another $600 in the rockers and I am not going to use them on the race motor. Kinda sucks because if they looked like a stock head I would use them on my GTS. Hell I can't even use the rockers on the 440-1 heads because they require an offset rocker for the intakes.

The Indy heads are an excellent product, but if you want a stock looking head on the outside, they are out of the question.

-Dave

TO ME ITS GOOD THAT WE DON'T HAVE AS MANY CHOICES AS THE BRAND X'ers. THERE IS ALOT OF MIS-MATCHED COMBOS FOR THESE CARS. I TEND TO BELIEVE THAT THE MOPAR CHOICES ARE BETTER ENGINEERED. THEY TEND TO BE DESIGHNED BY TRUE MOPAR PEOPLE, AS OPPOSED TO OTHERS WHO ARE JUST TRYING MAKE A BUCK OFF OF THE POPULAR BRANDS.
MY BUDDY BOUGHT A SET OF THE NO-NAME CAST IRON HEADS FROM JEGS FOR HIS CHEVY. AFTER INSTALLATION ON HIS NEW SHORT BLOCK, THEY KEEP
LEAKING COOLANT FROM THE HEAD BOLT AREAS. LONG STOREY SHORT, THEY HAD TO BE SURFACED, AS THE AREAS AROUND THE BOLT HOLES WERE DIPPED IN. BUT THEY WERE CHEAP! WHILE WE DO HAVE A LIMITED SELECTION OF COMPONETS, I DO FEEL THEY ARE GOOD QUAILITY COMPONETS. TIMES WERE TOUGH 10-YEARS AGO FOR THE MOPAR STUFF, EVEN WORSE 20-YEARS AGO. YOU HAD TO TAKE THE STOCK STUFF TO THE EDGE FOR THE PERFORMANCE. TO ME, ITS A GOOD TIME TO BUILD GOOD MOPAR STUFF RIGHT NOW.

Compared to what there was 20 some years ago, there's a boatload of big, and small block heads available. Pick your poison.

Compared to what there was 20 some years ago, there's a boatload of big, and small block heads available. Pick your poison.

Or really, even 10. There are way more choices than we had 10-15 years ago. There were a lot fewer of our engines made, and the hotrod crowd really gravitated toward the Shivvies. In the 80s and early 90s, the 5.0 Mustang was everywhere. It costs a lot to develop a head. No one if going to do it if the demad isn't there.

But not having as many choices is true when it comes to about anything Mopar. Look for other auto accessories and whatnot.

Guys! starman here, I've got the same heads as 440 source, ran them on my B body. "GREAT HEADS" I do porting, so I plan on doing them in the next couple of weeks, to see what they can do.....If anyone is looking for a pair, let me know.... at [email protected] or phone 909-459-9683 thanks!!!!!

-
Back