heads

-

Driven

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with Engine Quest heads? I am looking to try magnums on a LA360. I see they offer a magnum head that you can use a LA intake on. Has anybody tried this? Thanks in advance.

I have a new set of them. I'm building a 408 stroker using them and have mocked things up but that's as far as I've made it due to money shortage to finish it. They're very solidly made heads that are touted as making real good power right out of the box. Hope this helps.

Mopar Action did a 5 head test a few months ago, and were kind to the Engine Quest. They flowed very well, compared to the Mopar heads and were less then the Edelbrocks.

valentek

They are definitely bettter than the factory head. Higher nickel content, good casting with plenty of meat for radical p&p. If you have a LA motor p&p X or J head, it's cheaper. If you have more $ go with the edelbrock. You can use the stock valve train. The rockers for the Magnum style head are tricky for higher performance. Stay away from FBO if you want good service and a good deal

Stay away from FBO if you want good service and a good deal

Why is that? I see they have a deal on these heads on one of their pages - brand new heads, 'stage 2' porting (whatever that entails - they say 'full bowl hog') Racer Brown rocker arms and valve springs for $1995. Not dirt cheap but not outrageous for all that.

Edelbrock heads are at least 1200. Porting them by a pro would be at least $600+ to do the same type of job, decent rockers like Comp Magnums are $450+ depending on where you buy them. You're well up over 2K now.

Only advantage I can see is the weight savings...

And what's bad about their service? I was considering that very package.

Ive never had a problem w/ Don...always been very helpful when I've called and reliable. I'd get that combo w/ no hesitation.

-
Back