Heat crossover ????

-
Fel pro makes a steel gasket that the heat crossover section has a really tiny hole, I used that on my 318 runs great!

LOL...forgot to mention I usually REMOVE intake manifolds with heat crossovers in them, and if I, stuck with it, I use a paper gasket with the steel shim to block it off.

Trying to get this done without machine work if at all possible.

May have to start looking for a coffee can.

Use any cardboard can that has metal ends.......Swiss Mist hot coco can for example.....cat food/dog food, soup can........grocery store has lots of possibilities

The 318 tin intake Gasket from any manufacturer. They send 3 in the set. If u need some I can send u a few. Tin foil will blow out. I have tried it. Kim

48DE67D9-1F41-4AEB-94DA-815D4FBCED3B.png
Do you happen to know the part number of the gasket?

Thanks

I found this part number on Mancini web site ! See if this is what you need! If not go to Mancini web site and look there sir !!

You know you can't use a steel shim gasket with aluminum intake, It will always leak.
At some point sooner than later you will have a major mess on your hands.

I knew I had a copy somewhere of the 6 pack intake gasket bulletin.

View attachment 1715567358

I'm curious if the issue of the metal gaskets goes away when using aluminum heads as well. Since it's apparently the dissimilar growth rate of the CI and aluminum.

So I had several steel shim gaskets here. Out of the 5 (don’t know why it’s an odd number) one had a 3/32 hole in it, and the others had the crossover hole the same size as the heads.

I stuffed the crossover full of aluminum foil and used the one gasket with the little hole in on one side and a big hole on the other side.

It is what is is, but I didn’t want to machine the intake for a thicker gasket.

We will see how long that lasts.

I should have mentioned it’s a small block. I wish the owner would have used paper gaskets but he didn’t. So I’m kinda married to the steel shim gaskets. Otherwise I have to mill the intake to fit and I don’t want to reinvent the wheel to put on a heat shield.

This is real simple. Mix up an amount of fiberglass resin. Enough to fill the cross over. Tape up one side of the cross over and level the other side vertical. Mix your hardener into the resin dump it in and let it dry. That chit won't go anywhere.

Last edited:
I got a brand new set of those Speedmaster intake manifold gaskets you can have... I seen were 318 dropped his on the floor by accident and it shattered... I said f that I'm going to buy my 1213 fel pro...
I'm up to my ears in coffee cans you're more than welcome to as many as you need...

-
Back