Heat Doesn't Work, but A/C Does

-

Dart_Dodgers

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my Dart, and don't have too much experience with the heat and a/c. The problem is that any of the heat selections on my control panel don't blow air whatsoever, and yet the a/c selections still blow air just fine. Anyone have any ideas?

That is good. The pneumo-electric push-buttons are very expensive to replace. I haven't seen a slide type factory AC one, but they must be simpler and easier to fix.

I've never had a '73-up unit apart so I don't know if it's easier to fix or not. Unless it's a minor problem, I don't know if there are any repair parts for it as it's all riveted together and was only sold as an assembly. The only ones I ever remember selling was because one or more of the vacuum nipples were broken off. I never had one of that type fail internally or electrically. I guess it's just a matter of time with all these parts. I'd check the resistance in the heater motor or you may have the same problem soon. Those motors draw a lot of current and melt fan switches and heater controls in other models.

-
Back