Heater box plug/ground wire

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Hello. Working on a 68 barracuda with a 318, No AC, heater only. Long time ago i disconnected the plugs to the heater box sou i could replace the heater core. I can't figure out where this brown ground? wire goes? here's a pic where it would go somewhere on the heater box, does that go right on that left screw for the resistor? and the other end is a length of wire with another ring terminal, where does that hook up? on the dash somewhere, or on the body somewhere?

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

I believe that crimp on terminal you showed is NOT OEM, so I don't know. I believe the long end is grounded to a screw down in the side kick panel. In other words, ground to the body somewhere.

The screws for the resistor are not electrically grounded, nor are they connected to anything

okay thank you. i remember now the wire going to the passenger side kick panel. guess ill leave the other ring terminal hangin in the wind, or just cut it off and butt connect to the ground from blower motor.

Mine had that too, the one does go to the kick panel and I believe the only place it could go is under the screw but I don't remember, I did the same thing when I did my heater core. I believe I found the correct spot in my service manual.

the first pic, that connector goes under the screw that holds the clamp to the heater core supply tubes.

-
Back