Heeeeeere's GOLDIE!!!!!

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
FINALLY some pics to share. I've been a member here for many months, and received lots of help, sorry to be so late getting pics up. So this is Goldie, 65 273 2v auto, fact a/c. Not an S..13" wheels give that away. Fenders replaced by prev owner. Have a front sway bar tho. Here's the story: a friend used to razz me about my 67 Fury "old man's car." He spotted this 65 cuda for sale in his neighborhood. As soon as I drove it, I wanted it. I tend to feel sorry for mopars when they're starting to have rust and other issues. So I decided to 'save' Goldie. Replaced radiator, did brakework....he seemed to run better and better the more I drove. Thennnnnnnn.....BAM! I rearended this indecisive dumdum in an Acura. Oh I was so pi**ed! But things turned around IMMEDIATELY...a member here had a hood, fenders, grille, etc., built a crate and shipped 'em to me. I found a good bodyshop....fast-forward to today, Goldie looks pretty good. Still have a long to do list. Thanks again to all the great people on here! P.S. I tinted the rear window with 'platinum plus;' I was surprised how well it blends with the whole look, an keeps the interior cooler.

006.jpg

012.jpg

001.jpg

Love the car and the story! Mopar guys are like car enviornmentalists we save endangered mopars from becoming extinct!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice as hell good job! I like to see them that way! Not all choped up.

Great car, great story. Do you take it out of Atlanta much?
C

Great car, great story. Do you take it out of Atlanta much?
C
Thanks, I feel real lucky. I like hearing evryone's car stories too. I've taken a few day trips, 60 or so miles out of town, N. GA mountains. I'm trying to be gentle. He tracks nicely on the highway.

Very nice. I'm still kicking myself in the *** for not buying a real nice 65 (silver, 273, black interior) a couple years ago but just didnt have the cash at the time.

David. Be honest. Are you sure that the hood and fender are the ones that I sent to you? They sure don't look like the ones that I took off the donor car! Awesome job. Your body man knows his stuff.

Ken

Well, Ya know I love it!!!!! I think your car is totally AWESOME!!!!!! It really reminds me of my first one. Except mine was a commando car. Same color though. I love it. I cant wait until I can get mine looking like that. I have a long way to go though.

David. Be honest. Are you sure that the hood and fender are the ones that I sent to you? They sure don't look like the ones that I took off the donor car! Awesome job. Your body man knows his stuff.

Ken
Sprayglo in Norcross, GA did the work, they were very thorough and went the extra mile. To be honest, I didn't have enough $$ to have metal welded in. So they used 'tiger whiskers.' I'm OK with that. There's evidence in the engine compartment of a previous accident, but that doesn't bother me either.

Sprayglo in Norcross, GA did the work, they were very thorough and went the extra mile. To be honest, I didn't have enough $$ to have metal welded in. So they used 'tiger whiskers.' I'm OK with that. There's evidence in the engine compartment of a previous accident, but that doesn't bother me either.
Nothing wrong with a little Bondo or Tiger Whiskers here and there. I never saw a car that was "glass straight" without it. Your car looks really nice. Good job.

Pretty car, Goldfish. I like your dual exhaust, looks classy. Answer me this: What are 'tiger whiskers'? Haven't heard that term (here in California).

Pretty car, Goldfish. I like your dual exhaust, looks classy. Answer me this: What are 'tiger whiskers'? Haven't heard that term (here in California).
Thanks for the great comments. 'Tiger whiskers' or tiger hair is fiberglass which has fibers suspended in all different directions, as opposed to the woven-type fiberglass material. Same material a fiberglass shower stall is made of.

Clifftt, your 64 looks awesome! Beautiful paint and the chrome really shines too. Are those 13 in wheels?

-
Back