helicoil insert removal tool - can not find to buy

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, i need to remove a helicoil insert. I can find the tool online, but can not find a place to purchase. ( need find a CCC tool, but it will take a month to ship from china)

Can anyone help me an online of chain store that sells the removal tool? Looking to remove a 3/8ths (which is the same as the M10)

did you try using an easy out? thats how i used to get them out

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxr5zQjQi8k&feature=player_detailpage"]KATO Extraction & Removal (KRT) - YouTube[/ame]

Pry it out, with a screwdriver to get it started, then needle nose to coil it out.

Pry it out, with a screwdriver to get it started, then needle nose to coil it out.

Yep. This is what I do. No need for an expensive tool. James, if you need help, let me know. I'm close.

Lee

everybody thank you for the help

I was concerned about removing from a aluminum intake, so I found and bought a tool

Wow, it was easy to remove and no damage to the threads (yea)

Because most good quality aluminum aftermarket parts come with helicoils installed right from the manufacturer. Threads in aluminum are just way too easy to strip. As a matter of fact this is standard practce on all aluminum aircraft parts.

sorry, i meant that I did not damage the threads removing the insert

sadly, the manifold had repairs before, with an earlier insert pushed down (which caused my problems - new insert would not seat - so i found a short insert)

Learned a ton, about install and removal

Because most good quality aluminum aftermarket parts come with helicoils installed right from the manufacturer. Threads in aluminum are just way too easy to strip. As a matter of fact this is standard practce on all aluminum aircraft parts.

I agree on the stripping, lol. I guess I never really paid attention to that.

-
Back