"Hellcat" Hemi

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
anyone following chryslers development on the new 6.2 "Hellcat" supercharged hemi. theres not a whole lot of info out on it yet horsepower range somewhere around 570-640, as far as i can tell their gonna put them in the challenger nd then the supposed upcoming SRT cuda this makes me extremely happy that mopar guys getta finnaly see a supercharger v8 and mabey even better a lighter pony car under 4000 lbs thats not based off a mercedes hopefully! dont get me wrong i love the challenger and other lx platforms i own one and its great just not a great race platform. on the other hand it makes me a little sad that chrysler is finally giving in to the other forced induction cars ive always been proud that dodge could keep up with other makes with just brute CID like the new viper they countered the superharged vet with a tweeked v-10 and lighter smaller body but the challenger has kinda been getting left behind but nevermind my ranting anyone else know anything else bout these 2 things if they do actualy happen

I think those rumors have been running for a while. They may know more at cuda challenger.com. My 13 srt will be gone when the sc models come out.

personally I'm hoping for a twin turbo all wheel drive SRT cuda.

I just hoping they make a plymouth cuda version of the challenger it could be a 5.7 hemi for all I care! I just always like the cudas instead of the challengers

I just hoping they make a plymouth cuda version of the challenger it could be a 5.7 hemi for all I care! I just always like the cudas instead of the challengers

That will NEVER happen. Ralph has said that.

There are kits to add to the new Challengers that make them "Cudas"

And they dont look bad at all!

There are spy photos of the Mule Challenger with the Hellcat motor in it running on the streets

They haven't released what the new pony car will look like yet... I vote they release this. Pretty damn cool.

Attachments

• 42769d1328067778-barracuda-replace-challenger-2014-gtx.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 895
I would be happy with the hellcat motor in the challenger caus the hemis are mean SOB's NA but theres a reason the cuda is constantly put in top 5 best lookin cars ever built, it doesn't matter if ur hard core mustang camaro euro exotic...everyone loves a cuda whether u wanna admit to it or not and a supercharged cuda well that's would complete my life! Lol

we can only hope, i would rather they not make it than butcher it like the dart, but i do like the new dart just not the name for it

I had read about the "Hell Cat" on other sites.
The horsepower needed to be upped to be able to play in the game.
The Challenger, Charger & SRT cars were not always the fastest or the slowest, they just seemed to be in a gray area.
I'm glad to see them going after class leading power, and if that means adding a power adder, so be it.
Also, hearing that the DODGE namplate may be going away, like Plymouth did a few years back.
Everything going to be put under the Chrysler brand, with the exception of trucks, which are now called RAM.
I for one will not like this, Plymouth was bad enough.

anyone following chryslers development on the new 6.2 "Hellcat" supercharged hemi. theres not a whole lot of info out on it yet horsepower range somewhere around 570-640, as far as i can tell their gonna put them in the challenger nd then the supposed upcoming SRT cuda this makes me extremely happy that mopar guys getta finnaly see a supercharger v8 and mabey even better a lighter pony car under 4000 lbs thats not based off a mercedes hopefully! dont get me wrong i love the challenger and other lx platforms i own one and its great just not a great race platform. on the other hand it makes me a little sad that chrysler is finally giving in to the other forced induction cars ive always been proud that dodge could keep up with other makes with just brute CID like the new viper they countered the superharged vet with a tweeked v-10 and lighter smaller body but the challenger has kinda been getting left behind but nevermind my ranting anyone else know anything else bout these 2 things if they do actualy happen

Sadly, they don't. SRT392 Challenger/Charger just barely keep up with a stock Mustang GT 5.0.

The rest, I agree with. :)

im talking about when the first hemis (srt8) came out when the more heavy ford mustangs had their terrible N/A 5.4 and chevy had the 6.0 the 6.1 was faster even in a giant body but yes over the years it lost its place and was getting beat by the supercharged competition and barely beating the 5.0's at least chevy keeps makin their camaros just as heavy :)

It would be cool to spec the car with either a RWD with v8 supercharged engine or an AWD twin turbo v6. Personally I'd opt for that twin turbo awd v6. That could have a lot to do with, I owned a gtr before.

I had read about the "Hell Cat" on other sites.
The horsepower needed to be upped to be able to play in the game.
The Challenger, Charger & SRT cars were not always the fastest or the slowest, they just seemed to be in a gray area.
I'm glad to see them going after class leading power, and if that means adding a power adder, so be it.
Also, hearing that the DODGE namplate may be going away, like Plymouth did a few years back.
Everything going to be put under the Chrysler brand, with the exception of trucks, which are now called RAM.
I for one will not like this, Plymouth was bad enough.

Only the SRT cars will loose their Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep badges!!

Last December I asked Ralph Gilles about SRT and Ram causing the end of Dodge, His reply was "No worries!".

all their doin is breaking it down into sub catagories im totally fine with that the RAMs still have a dodge emblem and all the tags have either a chrysler or mopar stamp same with the srt's, and rwd SCv8 all the way i want a simple quarter mile torque to the rear wheels mustang slaughterin machine that can still corner without killin you, let the foriegn rigs and rally setups keep their computer controlled AWD and 4's nd 6's they have their place just not in a muscle car

all their doin is breaking it down into sub catagories im totally fine with that the RAMs still have a dodge emblem and all the tags have either a chrysler or mopar stamp same with the srt's, and rwd SCv8 all the way i want a simple quarter mile torque to the rear wheels mustang slaughterin machine that can still corner without killin you, let the foriegn rigs and rally setups keep their computer controlled AWD and 4's nd 6's they have their place just not in a muscle car

Don't know who was sooooo inclined to put a Rams head on the front and back of the SRT charger! They are gone! The wife just ordered me the "M", Mopar badges for Fathers day :) . I even ditched the cheapy "Charger" script on the decklid!

It just sports the SRT, SRT8 and the 6.1 Hemi on the fenders

I have to agree about the SC! And the fact it must have the sound of 8 cylinders popping through the exhaust.

ya i dont know why they threw a truck logo on it but i guess it was between that and the triangle thing they put on the old ones...and know one with a muscle car is gonna respect a guy that pulls up next to them reving their 4 banger turbo with the name cuda on it even if it is faster its not a cuda or a muscle car in my mind, witch sadly is what they did to the dart

ya i dont know why they threw a truck logo on it but i guess it was between that and the triangle thing they put on the old ones...and know one with a muscle car is gonna respect a guy that pulls up next to them reving their 4 banger turbo with the name cuda on it even if it is faster its not a cuda or a muscle car in my mind, witch sadly is what they did to the dart

I would prefer the Traingle thingy over the Ram. Hate to say this but they already ruined the reputation of muscle car back in the 80's!! The Challenger, Charger and Duster were all 4 banger sub-compacts! I had the 85 Shelby 2.2 Charger and a 2.2 Duster. Not to mention the several Shelby Daytona and Turbo Z cars I owned. They were impressive for what they were.

I would prefer the Traingle thingy over the Ram. Hate to say this but they already ruined the reputation of muscle car back in the 80's!! The Challenger, Charger and Duster were all 4 banger sub-compacts! I had the 85 Shelby 2.2 Charger and a 2.2 Duster. Not to mention the several Shelby Daytona and Turbo Z cars I owned. They were impressive for what they were.

Yea but at least the chargers were still 2 doors.... That being said I really do like the newest charger design!

Yea but at least the chargers were still 2 doors.... That being said I really do like the newest charger design!

LoL... I bet my 4 dr bore will drag most 2 dr vehicles :blob:
With that said. I think they ruined the look with the new design. They removed all the character from it by loosing the big curvey quarters. And that grill is just god awful. Like that honking nose on Steve Carell :D

What would you think when you seen this in your rear view mirror???

Attachments

• DSCN2349.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 525

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,848
-
Back