Hello,1st time into Mopar

-

heidij

Reaction score
Hello,I am Heidi and did purchase a 1965 Dodge Dart.It is my first Mopar I am going to do in my life.Although I am into GMs,always wanted to get in the Mopar scene too.Bought it today in pieces,the guy I bought it from has too many projects in his hands decided to sell it.Good thing is every part is there and he cataloged every piece that was taken off.Talking dropping in a 440 or 340 it,has a very worn out non matching 273 that smokes.

Hi, welcome to the best site around. Sounds like you have a good project to work with. Post some pictures when you have a chance. We love to see pictures

Hi-dee-ho, Heidi...lol. Yup, post some pics and details of what you want to do with your new found treasure. Lots of experts here to help you out with questions and problems.:steering:

PS...we also have a cure for that "GM" disease.......

Hi, welcome to the best site around. Sounds like you have a good project to work with. Post some pictures when you have a chance. We love to see pictures
I do,not a lot of body work to do.The whole floor has been replaced including the right side quarter panel already.It comes with a new left quarter panel too that has to be replaced.Luckily I have a friend that knows Mopar engines very well whom is going to help me out when I put the planned engine I go with together.He knows his tricks.

Hi-dee-ho, Heidi...lol. Yup, post some pics and details of what you want to do with your new found treasure. Lots of experts here to help you out with questions and problems.:steering:

PS...we also have a cure for that "GM" disease.......
I like GMs as well and hate Fords.I remember my dad whom passed away this year did have a 1965 Dodge Dart.Had to sell it after finding out my mom was pregnant with me

Last edited:
Muskegon,Mi area and it is still there.Going to pick it up tomorrow.My dad was into GMs and Mopars,hated Fords with a deep passion

The waiting is the hard part, kinda like your next date with a new girlfriend.

You're lucky the OP was well organized in the disassembly. Bet you've put it together a dozen times in your head. Good luck.

Welcome! 65 Gt. Cool car. I am pure Mopar only. Always have been, always will be, but won't hold the GM thing against you, hehe. Born in Grand Rapids.

I hope you go with a small block myself. I think a 340 or 360 would be very cool. Less weight up front, better handling, plenty of power. But whatever you decide, love to see some pics!

Welcome! 65 Gt. Cool car. I am pure Mopar only. Always have been, always will be, but won't hold the GM thing against you, hehe. Born in Grand Rapids.

I hope you go with a small block myself. I think a 340 or 360 would be very cool. Less weight up front, better handling, plenty of power. But whatever you decide, love to see some pics!
That is what I am looking at,the 340 or 360

welcome Heidi

any chance your looking for a set of factory ralleys for that car?

i got some for sale within driving distance from you (just follow the shoreline down)

Greetings from over Ann Arbor way!! I too would suggest a small block, just too many hurdles trying to shoehorn a big block in the cozy confines of the early A body cars! There is also a 65 Dart parts car out near you if you find you need some stuff! I can steer you over there if you'd like!! Welcome to FABO, and the wonderful world of Mopars!!

-
Back