Hello - 69 Barracuda Notch

-

bmarti2001

Reaction score
Hello,

I just took ownership of a beat on 69 Barracuda notchback. It has a 225 automatic. I haven't decided what it will be when I am done but I know the 225 has more then a few fans. I am trying to decide if I want a family cruiser or american muscle. Maybe a Savage Clone, just hate to change the front end. I have plenty of time to decide because this project won't be a sprint.

I just love all the information on here. This is great

Welcome aboard to a fellow fish owner! I would keep the /6 until or if you ever get bored of it. They look great either way! And to 2nd what redfish said....pics please

Thanks. She finally showed up to the house. It's been sitting outside for a few years so it's got some rust and the roof has seen better days. Seems vinyl tops just lock in the moisture. I got her cheap and she's full of potential.

I will start disassembling in about a month.

Attachments

• barracuda.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 168
Welcome to FABO!!

I have a '69 notch myself. The '67-'69 Barracuda's are great looking cars!
Yours looks pretty nice. Mine has lots of make shift engineering that needs to go away.

You will learn a lot here. Enjoy the stay :thumblef:

Welcome aboard!! Good to see another 2nd generation Barracuda on the site! Good luck with your build, and please keep us posted with lots and lots of pics!!

Thanks. She finally showed up to the house. It's been sitting outside for a few years so it's got some rust and the roof has seen better days. Seems vinyl tops just lock in the moisture. I got her cheap and she's full of potential.

I will start disassembling in about a month.

The grills alone are worth a couple grand if they are as nice as they look.

Sweet ride....your gonna love it.

Mop

The jamaica blue is nice. I'd love for mine to be a convertible but I am a big fan of the notch.

Glad it's getting some love here. My buddies aren't too into it. Think it's to beatup. Wifey loves it so it's a good start.

You can see the rust on the door, and the roof. I really don't think it's that bad at all. Some clean up, new carb, break job, some paint. Could be nice to drive around in.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 109
The jamaica blue is nice. I'd love for mine to be a convertible but I am a big fan of the notch.

Glad it's getting some love here. My buddies aren't too into it. Think it's to beatup. Wifey loves it so it's a good start.

You can see the rust on the door, and the roof. I really don't think it's that bad at all. Some clean up, new carb, break job, some paint. Could be nice to drive around in.

What are your buddies into?

Keep hanging out here and we will corrupt your project to the point where your buddies will be begging you to take them for joy rides in the BEAST!!!!! Ha, ha. Well, with your Wife's permission of course.

Here ya go.....does this tickle your fancy??????

slant2.jpg

They are into newer rides. Stuff that doesn't need work. Audi S4, CTS, nissan z. Nothing exciting. I re-did a 71 911 T which was a blast. This is a completely different animal though.

Cudaspaz,

That's awesome. Run me through what you have there please or if you have link to a forum page?

I have to do some reading on this site to figure it out.

Try
http://aussiespeed.com/
for some info on blown six info and set ups in general.

Slantsix.org is a huge information tool.

Here...just surf the posts and you will find more than you can handle.:grin:

The reason your buddies drive new cars is because they cant work on old ones. That's what it takes to own a classic...the ability to keep it running.:burnout:

Enjoy your sweet ride.

Mop

-
Back