Hello again, my new Duster, a few questions.

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Hey everyone, its been a while since I was on here for many reasons. To those that have wondered, my back is doing much better, the surgery went well and I have lost 70 lbs since November. So things are really looking up. To make things even better, I have just picked up a really clean 74 Duster from eBay. It was local to me and I was able to pick it up and drive it home today. I really love it. I do have a few questions though;
Will the two piece seat belts out of a 73 work? mine are bad anyway, and I like the 73 style better.
Does anyone happen to have a template for the 73-74 twister duster hood scoops?
What years of head rests will work?

Now for what I know everyone likes, here are some photos.

The car has a very strong 318 and 904. The odo shows 53000 miles and I do think its orig. due to the condition of the interior, driver door striker, lack of rust, etc... I also really like the full vinyl roof.

What do you think?

Hey J,

Good to read your health is much better.

Nice looking car.

If the upper mounting for the belts is there, I don't see why the 73 belts wouldn't work.

Hey J,glad to hear your doing better and back in the A-body scene.Your Duster looks to be fairly clean rust wise.Try a search on snorkel scoop template.Good luck.

Thanks guys. I'm glad to be feeling better. And I'm glad I picked this car up, it's a really clean car. Needs a few things in the interior and could use paint, but it's so solid. I dare say this is the nicest car I have ever owned. If anyone had blue interior pieces for sale, let me know.

The 74 models had the retractable 3 point seat belts as well as the dreaded "starter/seat belt interlock system". It uses the same attachment points as the 70-73 Duster so yes, you can use the older non retractable belts if you want.
Nice car. let me guess....$3500 ?

Thanks for the seat belt info.

The car is very clean, I'll post more pics this weekend. I paid $4000 for it. I feel I did pretty good. Shows 53k on the odo and I would say by the looks of things it's accurate. I am looking for an 8 3/4 to put in it as it has the 7 1/4 now and they are weak. The car sounds really healthy too. There are more photos and some video of it on my Instagram page; dailydoseofmopars. I just put a full set of radial T/As on it last night and it looks a lot better too. There's lots of little things that need attention, but it's a fun car.

Hey Jeremy its nice to hear things are going well. I really like the look of your new ride. I've always liked that colour on an A body. I think you did really well on the price too. Nice to see you back again!:cheers:

You paid a fair price. Solid & complete cars are surely worth more.
I made the dumb *** cheapskate mistake of buying a stripped out car to build. This guy had 2 67 Darts to sell. One with a running 273, a driveable car for $1500. I bought the no engine/trans car for $750 and spent who knows how much getting it up to snuff.

-
Back