Hello and Apology

-
MOPARMITCH is a very honest stand up member. If he is near you and willing to help, I would let him do it.

I'm so sorry to here this Ann. I'm originally from Md. in Montgomery Co. and still have a Daughter in Frederick. Over the last few years, Artie and I talked about things we had in common with drag cars & people we knew from 75-80 & Mason-Dixon over the years passed, and even Camp David :). When he got banned the last time i lost contact, and I had a feeling he was not doing well, but this news hurts. My condolences to you and the rest of the family. I'm sad :sad:!

http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/obit...cle_c4158370-d4aa-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

View attachment Artie.jpg

Sorry for your loss.
Artie was one of the characters on this site that made it unique.
He will be missed......

Sorry to read of your husbands passing. My Dad, after he had the strokes and became disable was a changed man, and not for the better. I bumped heads with Artie occasionally..but we had a few chats using the message system here about one of my health problems...and then I understood all to well why "things were achanging" for him. Being ill, and all the complications that come with it is a very challenging thing....Sorry for your loss....

Though I didn't have a chance to meet him in person I did get to talk to him on the phone about a year ago when he was selling the Belvedere. Sorry to hear of his passing. I just lost my Mom to Alzeimer's this past Sunday and I know what you mean about being a different person than in the past.

Old Man Rick, thank you for the kind words. Seeing Artie's '64 brought tears to my eyes. It was hard for me to post on this website because I didn't know how bad he had offended everyone. But he loved this site and chatting with everyone was what he looked forward too.

inkjunkie thank you for the kind words I am sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

The last thing I remember him doing was bidding up some items on an auction thread to raise funds to help another member.

Quite the noble thing to do actually, but I think he got caught as the high bidder on a lot of the items, and that pissed some folks off.

That's the only thing I can think of, and honestly, it didn't really hurt anyone, as the items were being donated anyway and the sellers weren't making any money off the sale.

One of the items was mine, but I just let it go, and figured the auction would run again. No impact on me at all.

I'm very sorry for your loss!!
I just said a prayer for you that Jesus will comfort you !!
I lost my Dad last year and he was a huge part of my car passion !
I always liked to read what Artie had to say I think he was very knowledgable with mopars .
May God Bless you and cover you in his arms with peace that surpasses all understanding !!

Yeah that was the benefit auction for Kitty and me. He was trying to help and got snagged. There were some mixed feelings about it, but it's all water under the bridge. I talked to Artie several times over the phone and we talked everything out and were fine with it. Crap happens. He was trying to do something good. We got it all worked out and I am glad.

The last thing I remember him doing was bidding up some items on an auction thread to raise funds to help another member.

Quite the noble thing to do actually, but I think he got caught as the high bidder on a lot of the items, and that pissed some folks off.

That's the only thing I can think of, and honestly, it didn't really hurt anyone, as the items were being donated anyway and the sellers weren't making any money off the sale.

One of the items was mine, but I just let it go, and figured the auction would run again. No impact on me at all.

-
Back