Hello from Arkansas

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
Hello For A-Bodies Only,
I have been lurking on the site for more years then I can remember.
I tried a few time to register with my username form BigBlockDart (Dart67), but someone else had already used (dart67) and the system would not let me use that username.
Any way I finally figured out that I could add quotes to the Username and register, so here I am.
I have been a member at BigBlockDart for more years then I can remember.
I bought my first Dart new in 1965.
It was a dealer demo and a little different. The local dealer in Bloomington, Il. at that time had a thing about ordering his demo cars as 4 door sedans with the highest horse powered engine available for each model line and then using them to street race.
My "65" was a Dart 270 4 door sedan, Charger 273 4bbl, column shift 904 auto. It was a real sleeper. I took a lot of dollars from the Mustang and Camaro/Malibu boys.
I traded my "65" for a 1966 Dart GT Convertible, 273 2bbl, 904 auto., Mauve color.
It did not have the get up and go that I wanted.
So in December of 1966 I was back at the local Dodge dealer talking trade again.
I wanted to order a 1967 Dart 270 convertible with the 383 4bbl, 4 speed but the dealer told me that the Dart 270 Convertible option had been dropped for the 1967 model year.
They told me that I could only get the 383 in a GTS model and that it would not be available for order until February of 1967.
I could not afford the extra cost of the GTS and did not want to wait another two months to order.
So I ordered the car I still have today.
A 1967 Dart 270 2 door hardtop Charger 273 4bbl, 4 speed, 3.91 8 3/4" Sure Grip, Heavy Duty Suspension (Same as Formula S), AM radio and Sill moldings.
The Window Sticker price was $3092.20.
Over the years I have hot rodded and made a few changes to the car. I am now in the process of slowly putting it back to original.
I bought my 1967 Dart GT convertible in Topeka, Kansas on 7/4/1998. It was a very clean, rust free 225 Slant Six. I bought it to convert to a big block car.
Over the last 13 1/2 years it has evolved to what it is now, a 512 cu.in. EFI monster.
I was privileged to have the car featured as the centerfold article in the October 2006 issue of MOPAR Action.

Herb

This is a photo of my buddie Spencer's Dart.

He still lives in the Bloomington, Illinois area.

The back half, cage, and frame work was done by Jim Falbe in Clinton, Illinois.
The paint was done by Mike Tamborini from LeRoy, Illinois.

Most all of the rest of the work on the car was done by Spencer, our good friend Chuck Pettigrew, and myself in my old shop in Illinois.

View attachment Spence'sDart.jpg

Herb

Kevin D.,

I live on the North side of Lake Ouachita, near Navy Landing.

Where is/how far is Ozark from there???

I am fairly new to Arkansas and do not know the names and locations of towns just yet.

If you are going to be in the Hot Springs area, PM me with your phone number or I will send you my number and we can get together and swap MOPAR stories.

Herb

Welcome from Arkansas Dart67, Been here in Northeast Arkansas for over 35 years and never looked back at Mendota Ill, small town called Paw Paw.
I am sure you have seen this is one of the best of the best sites going, great tech's and folks here.. You sure have some very nice A bodies and history behind them
Welcome aboard

Hey Dart 67 glad you got on here. I met you in St.louis at the Mopar show then again at the Nats.after you had just moved. Im the guy with the red 66 Dart gt. Welcome here it a great sit

Welcome to FABO "Dart67"!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Nice looking cars! Keep the pictures coming - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Wheelie 3 .jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 256
Dart 67 I just purchased a 1967 dart 270 with the charger 273 factory air and auto .All original have window sticker. Is your 273 charger original? PM me if you want to talk more.

-
Back