Hello from Hollywood

-

KidBlue

Reaction score
About 15 years ago, my godfather bought his 1969 Barracuda ( 318 ) from the original owner. It had been cared for, but it was a daily driver. The Southern California vibes and weather have been good to it. We've cared for it, but always driven it.

I grew up in the car.

Last week, my godfather moved East, to retire, and handed me the keys.

While it drives great, always starting and shifting smooth, it's a driver. I need to get the blinkers fixed, patch some tears in the interior and repair the heater. I'm not mechanically inclined, although very eager to learn.

After starting the search for my little fixes and adjustments, this forum has already provided a wealth of information and camaraderie. Me and the Barracuda are in Los Angeles, close to Hollywood, and between the car culture out here and the vibrant community on this forum, I'm looking forward to seeing it cared for and improved.

Looking forward and happy to be here,

Noah

Attachments

• IMG_8126.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_8128.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 167
Welcome! Very cool to be entrusted with your Godfather's car. If you don't have a factory service manual, get one.

That's a great look 'Cuda...Yes, get a service manual and a wiring diagram...I'm in SoCal and work in Hollywood often...I'm helping a friend with a '69 Dart, let me know if you have any questions...Chris

Thanks to the both of you. I have an old service manual in the trunk, but I think I'll get a replacement. Which specifically do y'all recommend?

Thanks to the both of you. I have an old service manual in the trunk, but I think I'll get a replacement. Which specifically do y'all recommend?

Exactly, here's the Factory Service Manual for your Barracuda.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-PLYMOU...69-/310687074950?fits=Year:1969|Make:Plymouth

That was a great thing your godfather did. Im sure you will take very good care of that car. Welcome to the site and enjoy!

Welcome from Texas. The site has many members on the left coast, I'm sure you can find one who is kind hearted enough to help you out like The Neens offered.

Come on up to CPW club meeting some time. 2nd Sunday of the month in Granada Hills right of 118 fwy just west of the 405. Great place to network and find local sources for repairs, vendors, etc. And we do monthly events like cruises, tours, tech info, etc.

I grew up near Olympic and LaCienega.

Car looks sort of familiar. Maybe it's been at Spring/Fall Fling. The magnum rims ring a bell with me.

While it drives great, always starting and shifting smooth, it's a driver. I need to get the blinkers fixed, patch some tears in the interior and repair the heater. I'm not mechanically inclined, although very eager to learn.

Not huge projects by themselves.

Awesome car, I love the color!

Welcome to FABO from Chicago.

-
Back