hello from socal

-

joedardo

Reaction score
hello fellow A body fans!

i'm a new member looking to find a nice dart. i come from a family of car collectors although none are mopar fans.:wack:

i owned a 68 dart GT that i had to sell years back before i could restore and enjoy it. now i'm looking for a GTS or swinger 340.

help me find my ride!

thanks

Welcome to FABO, Joe, from another SoCal member. Best A-body site on the web.
You're going to have fun here.
Don't know of any Darts available right now but do know of a (as it's been described to me) rust-free '68-'69 Barracuda notchback missing engine and trans. Car is here in SoCal. Owner is asking $3300. PM me if interested and I'll send contact info.
Again, welcome.

hello fellow A body fans!

i'm a new member looking to find a nice dart. i come from a family of car collectors although none are mopar fans.:wack:

i owned a 68 dart GT that i had to sell years back before i could restore and enjoy it. now i'm looking for a GTS or swinger 340.

help me find my ride!

thanks

Come out to Spring Fling on May 11 and 12, 2013 just over in Woodley Park in the Sepulveda Basin. Most Mopars you will find in one spot for sale the southwest U.S. except for Barrett Jackson.

I know of a 71 Demon 340 bright yellow all numbers matching that will be for sale soon that is pretty close to you. They are just finishing up a restoration of it.

thanks for the replies! thanks for the leads about the barracuda and demon, right now i'm really set on a dart as described. i will be going to the spring fling for sure... it's only about 20 minutes from my house. gonna try the pamona swap meet march 3rd as well.

thanks for the replies! thanks for the leads about the barracuda and demon, right now i'm really set on a dart as described. i will be going to the spring fling for sure... it's only about 20 minutes from my house. gonna try the pamona swap meet march 3rd as well.

So what years Dart GTS and Swinger 340?:
  • 68 Dart GTS 340
  • 69 Dart GTS 340
  • 69 Dart Swinger 340
  • 70 Dart Swinger 340

Automatic, four speed, or either?

What general condition range?:
  • non running project
  • running project
  • running decent looking "10 footer"
  • restored driver
  • fully restored needs nothing show car

So what years Dart GTS and Swinger 340?:
  • 68 Dart GTS 340
  • 69 Dart GTS 340
  • 69 Dart Swinger 340
  • 70 Dart Swinger 340

Automatic, four speed, or either?

What general condition range?:
  • non running project
  • running project
  • running decent looking "10 footer"
  • restored driver
  • fully restored needs nothing show car

i would like to find a running 10-20 foot driver or a restored driver. i'm not really interested in a show car, unless of course i could get one for a good price. prefer a 4 speed but an auto wouldn't be a deal breaker on a good find. here's the order of preferred year and model... 1. 68-69 gts 2. 69 swinger 340 3. 70 swinger 340 i was just watching a 69 swinger that sold on ebay sunday. it was in original shape that was numbers matching with a 4 speed. one repaint like 20 years ago. it looked like a decent driver with no rust. it sold for 19,200. i know it's hard to judge a car with seeing it but would this be about standard for the market on a similarly described car?

i would like to find a running 10-20 foot driver or a restored driver. i'm not really interested in a show car, unless of course i could get one for a good price. prefer a 4 speed but an auto wouldn't be a deal breaker on a good find. here's the order of preferred year and model... 1. 68-69 gts 2. 69 swinger 340 3. 70 swinger 340 i was just watching a 69 swinger that sold on ebay sunday. it was in original shape that was numbers matching with a 4 speed. one repaint like 20 years ago. it looked like a decent driver with no rust. it sold for 19,200. i know it's hard to judge a car with seeing it but would this be about standard for the market on a similarly described car?

Could you post a link to that ended Ebay auction? It all depends on color, condition, completeness, correctness, rust, rust history...

There was a dark green 69 340 4spd Swinger in Moorpark that was for sale a couple years ago that was a 10-20 footer. IIRC, non numbers motor or something. I think it was between $13K and $20K.

Seems like a fair deal. Very good color. Swingers go for a little less than GTS's. All 69 340 Swingers are bench seat, even with 4 speed.

Missing a few little things:
$150-$200 fan shroud
$100 viscous fan package
$175 LH exhaust heat shield

Has potential for someone to make the car look nicer:
Motor needs to be resealed and repainted. Quite a bit of caked on grime on engine.
Would not be surprised if it needs front and rebuilding. Rear leaf bushings look pretty shot.

I really like the fact that it was sold by a private party. And the ad seemed fairly up front with good pictures. Seems like he could offer more detailed pictures on request.

-
Back