Hello I'm DJ 71 Pro Mod Duster

-

DusterDj

DUSTU2
Reaction score
Hello to all,

Got lucky and stumbled across the site during my usual youtube'in for any new A-bodies out there. Saw a video on this site and had to join. My baby is under construction but is moving along quite fine. Check it out and let me know what you think... Lata

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 036.jpg

Picture 049.jpg

Picture 052.jpg

Picture 053.jpg

welcome DJ that is going to be a fine looking car what motor is in it..there is allot of racers on here you will fit in well..Artie

Welcome aboard, thats a serious looking set of wheels!! Yep you will fit right in here, tons of great people and great advice
Steve

DJ, I have to ask is that a custom made cage or pre bent if pre bent who's is it? Im also biulding a duster and whant the cage to run with the window post.thanks Artie

I've got a 640 B1MC motor and 572 B1 original heads motor. Both have been heavily CNC'ed and put together with all the goodies. Planned on using the 640 to get use to the car and then put the 572 in. You might be asking yourself why go smaller, the 572 will have a Procharger on it. That is what I set it up for. Just don't now if I'm going with the new F4R or the Dual F2 setup yet. So I'll have fun with the 640 for now...

Also, the cage is custom 25.2. I do not have those skills to put a cage in with this level of detail. My chassis man is to thank for this. This build first intention was to be a Pump Gas Monster and compete in the HotRod's Pump Gas challenge. So with being street legal and drive-ability in mind, we chose to build the cage to the cars bends and groves. Once they canned Pump Gas Challenge I decided to make a true body Pro Mod Duster. Not to many original body cars in those classes, so we'll see how that goes...

Wow,nice car! Welcome to FABO.Keep us up to date with your build ,maybe vids when you get her to the track.Good luck on the rest of the build.8)

Welcome aboard Dj
I see some fun time's coming in your near future =P~=P~
And like DRENO said KEEP Us UPdated please :cheers:
and enjoy this great site you stumbled on to.

@ sscuda,

I intend to certify at 6.00. The cage work is still in the early stages. Got a couple things that are on the way to the house so I can make sure my rear end take me straight down the track. Then we will venture forward.

@ the rest of the forum,

Thanks for the love...

@ sscuda,

I intend to certify at 6.00. The cage work is still in the early stages. Got a couple things that are on the way to the house so I can make sure my rear end take me straight down the track. Then we will venture forward.

@ the rest of the forum,

Thanks for the love...

@ mopardude318,

I got a couple pics for ya. Can't show you everything because it is top secret... lol This is the 572ci not yet put together. Intake doesn't fit perfect due to me having my KB Block extended to a 11.225 deck height...

P1010699.jpg

P1010704.jpg

P1010706.jpg

@ everybody,

My dad wants to go back to his A-Body as well... With him helping me with my build, the love for his 70 Dart Swinger has become his priority. This is his car now and he is looking to sale it. Where and how should I post all the details so that it gets properly advertised on here? This is a tube chassis 72 Dodge Colt with a small block 340 in it.

25619_107975675898729_100000588915374_142314_5546527_n.jpg

Colt.jpg

The Colt 2.jpg

Welcome to the site, glad you found us.
Ahhh, an engine in the living room, you're living right!

@ sscuda,

@ the rest of the forum,

Thanks for the love...

DJ

25.2 specs call for a full bodied car - tube chassis - 3200 lbs

I didn't see a full tube chassis car. Maybe a 25.5 back half car.

Anyway good luck with your project.

sscuda

sscuda,

Watch cha see isn't always what you get. I know your probably wondering these pictures aren't adding up. This is not your typical build. First pic is of a 25.5 build. Second pic is of my build... The floor is soon to go...

25.5 install.jpg

P1010234.jpg

-
Back