hello,my name is Bill

-

S Car Go

Reaction score
Hey guys, I new to the forum and I live in Maryland.I have a 65 FS Barracuda I've been messing with for four and a half years. I've owned the car since '83 but I never got serious about it and never had a garage either. Until four and a half years ago, that is. I figured I'd let it sit in the swamp and rust for a couple of decades. I'm trying to put it back as close to original as possible. If it wasn't for the fact that she's a FS Four speed, she probably wouldn't have been worth it. I've replaced the trunk lid,doors,fenders and hood. I've had the 273 bored and rebuilt along with the transmission and the rear end.I also rebuilt the front end this past summer.I also had to replace the entire floor which proved to be the biggest challenge. I've caught a lot of criticism from a few folks but that just makes it more fun! I'm doing pretty good considering the unexpected birth of my son and a crippling recession. There's a 65 Valiant in the family as well.The plan is to put in a 360. I'm gonna have a lot of questions concerning that too.Looking forward to hangin' with you guys. Bill C

Welcome Bill!

I am right up the road from you south of York, Pa...

Welcome Bill!! Glad to have you here at the best Mopar site on the web. Sounds like a GREAT project, cant wait to see some pics when you get a chance (I just have to love seeing another early-A being brought back to its former glory) Keep us posted on the progress and enjoy the site!!

Thanks Ron, I have some pictures but I have to get them resized? I'll need my daughter to help me with that. I'm illiterate.

bill welcome,, every 65 barracuda is worth saving formual or not,,koolest A body ever,,,in my opinion,,,im in PA not to far away,,pics please

I got a lot of crap when I bought my '66 barracuda, mostly from my brother-in-law who thinks if it isn't a camaro, it isn't worth it. He ragged on me for wasting money on a car that nobody liked, blah blah blah. I wasn't even finished with it when I started showing it. One day, he showed up to rub the only trophy he got in my face. I admired it a minute, then said "I got this", opened the closet door and showed him the 40 some trophies I got. You should have seen how red his face was! He made some lame comment about how easy it was to get trophies when you go to car shows that are lucky if ten cars show up (some of my classes had 200+ cars in it), and that was the last time he ever talked to me. My car isn't the best but I restored it myself and it is something different. I've been in classes where there will be 10-15 mustangs, all the same except for color, and 15-20 camaros.

Yep, another Bill, here...
I don't have a Barracuda (wish I did!!!), but I do have an A body (look to the left) and it's been a really fun car for me.

They have size limits on posting pictures, but apparently they're pretty big, because they never reject any I try to post. It's very refreshing, compared to Class Racer and Nitromater, where the size limits are very small and enforced totally. It's one of the reasons that this site is my favorite.

Welcome to FABO.. lots of very knowledgeable people on here who are nice enough to share the wealth of knowledge they have. I've learned a lot on this site!!!

Now, post some pictures of that bad boy... just scroll down underneath the message area where you'll post your text and click on "manage attchments"; then click on "BROWSE" and your choices for pictures will come up. Click on the picture you want to post and then click on "upload" and wait for it to show up as having been uploaded and at the top of the screen, you'll see "close this window" and now, your picture is a part of the message you're sending. Neat!!!

All of us A Body freaks are waiting.... 8)

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

yes man different is always kool at the big street rod events they have an award callled "dare to be different,",,

Best user name Ever

160abec2c7aa3024.jpg

-
Back