HELP 1975 Dart Swinger ISO parts

-

Gfamilyman5

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to the Mopar scene. I have always wanted to build a Mopar but with me having never done it before comes a lot of new challenges I have never faced while building cheverolets and fords. PART AVAILABILITY and what years interchange. So me and my Brother have always loved the Dart Swinger and with my Brother passing away unexpectedly I thought what better way to honor him than to build the car we always talked about. So with that being said I purchased a 1975 Dart Swinger. Here is where I need some help. I'm Am building this car on and am in need of certain parts and I have been told that some parts off of some of the earlier cars will fit but not all. Below is some parts I need and I'm sure more to come. Any help comments or links for these part is appreciated.

1. Trim for the vynil top (what years and models will work)
2. driver fender
3. Grille (wanting to put the 73-74 grille in so need the header panel for a 73-74 as well)
4. Factory rally wheels
5. Bumpers front and rear.
6. Dash pad
7. Will the slant 6 tranny crossmember work on the 360/727 combo?
8. Accessories brackets for 1978 360

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 198
Hello everyone I am new to the Mopar scene. I have always wanted to build a Mopar but with me having never done it before comes a lot of new challenges I have never faced while building cheverolets and fords. PART AVAILABILITY and what years interchange. So me and my Brother have always loved the Dart Swinger and with my Brother passing away unexpectedly I thought what better way to honor him than to build the car we always talked about. So with that being said I purchased a 1975 Dart Swinger. Here is where I need some help. I'm Am building this car on and am in need of certain parts and I have been told that some parts off of some of the earlier cars will fit but not all. Below is some parts I need and I'm sure more to come. Any help comments or links for these part is appreciated.

2. driver fender
3. Grille (wanting to put the 73-74 grille in so need the header panel for a 73-74 as well)
4. Factory rally wheels
6. Dash pad

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

I have a 74 dart with a vinyl top myself.

1. i do have some vinyl top trim, but not all of it...guys part cars on here all the time, just keep an eye open.
2. again look for guys parting cars (4 doors fit also and are constantly parted)
3. i go have a 74 grille with a small crack that i took off of mine
4.i dont think rally wheels carried into 74...fyi.
5. i do have a front bumper, but i'm in OH.
6. probably cheaper to get a dash cover...http://www.stockinteriors.com/DashCaps.asp?Itemid=11142&MakeId=7&ModelId=136
7.yes, same trans xmember
8.most of the accessory drive pieces are interchangable, and guys throw on an alternator bracket and call it a day...http://paceperformance.com/i-610589...-products-alternator-bracket-chrome-9456.html

hope that gives you some direction! and let me know if you desperately need a bumper from OH..lol

Welcome to the forum!

I have a 74 dart with a vinyl top myself.

1. i do have some vinyl top trim, but not all of it...guys part cars on here all the time, just keep an eye open.
2. again look for guys parting cars (4 doors fit also and are constantly parted)
3. i go have a 74 grille with a small crack that i took off of mine
4.i dont think rally wheels carried into 74...fyi.
5. i do have a front bumper, but i'm in OH.
6. probably cheaper to get a dash cover...http://www.stockinteriors.com/DashCaps.asp?Itemid=11142&MakeId=7&ModelId=136
7.yes, same trans xmember
8.most of the accessory drive pieces are interchangable, and guys throw on an alternator bracket and call it a day...http://paceperformance.com/i-610589...-products-alternator-bracket-chrome-9456.html

hope that gives you some direction! and let me know if you desperately need a bumper from OH..lol

Thanks for the info. I have seen the dash cover but I was afraid it would not work on mine because it is drooping in the front almost as if it melted so it does not have it factory shape. The brackets that I need are for power steering, and a/c. I had looked on here for parts but the guys who have parts are like you and are a good ways away and it would probably cost as much to ship as the parts cost. Thanks for the info on the cross member. So far the hardest thing to track down has been the trim for the vynil and a fender. The fender on eBay is like $555.00 and that is insane. Thanks again for the help. Hopefully someone close will have some parts if not I may just have to suck it up and pay all these shipping fees. I did manage to get a grille header trim and buckets from a 73 now just need the headder panel.

Guys part entire cars on here for $500...do not pay that for a fender.lol

shipping isn't as horrendous as you think also. i got the entire header panel shipped for a B body for $75. you just have to find someone willing to work with you.

this guy occasionally has B and A body parts...maybe try him, it's where i got my roadrunner header.
http://www.cbodies.com/

there are also these guys...but i have found out you pay a little more for their name, along with your parts.

http://www.wildcatmopars.com/
http://www.tonysparts.com/BrowseResults.asp

also i have to say...parts for mopars are all over the place. don't be afraid to hold out for a good price, or another option.

my most recent example is my b body restoration.

found entire header panels for $75... also found grilles by themselves for $500
center console, bought one for $75....see them listed in BAD shape for $600..

just be patient. plenty of 4 door, 6 cyl cars out there that guys tend to part, before even selling.

the great part about of A bodies is basically a large number of parts cars and parts out there. majority of these cars were entry level lower price cars when NEW and that still holds true TODAY! yes it costs some $$ to ship, but Fl has a huge population of mopar guys, NETWORK!
yes lots of variance in prices of used parts. worth whatever someone will pay, but like said, no use paying $500 for a good fender, when you can buy entire 4 door parts car for same price!!!!
no use paying more for a part just because someone either does not know what a "fair" price is, or looking to finance his resto with overpriced JUNK>
you might mail Tony ( whitepunkonnitro) and ask his availability and prices on some parts you need. other good vendors on here too. I see good used parts vendors ask prices that I sometimes think are maybe a little cheap and sometimes a little high, but guys that deal in used parts all the time, that have reps for knowing their stuff and are fair, usually are pretty close on what a part should bring. retail, generally I figure. just my opinion.
then there are places like wildcat, sorry, for instance, that think every old car part is gold!?????

dash pad got the bad drups, sounds like you at least need a good core. the "cap" will work over one that is straight, and has even big cracks, you just have to grind and massage it so the cap will cover it as to look pretty much like new.

also i have to say...parts for mopars are all over the place. don't be afraid to hold out for a good price, or another option.

my most recent example is my b body restoration.

found entire header panels for $75... also found grilles by themselves for $500
center console, bought one for $75....see them listed in BAD shape for $600..

just be patient. plenty of 4 door, 6 cyl cars out there that guys tend to part, before even selling.

Thanks I really appreciate it for the good info. Will have to keep reminding my self to be patient. I was hoping to find parts pretty reasonable since I bought my whole running and driving car for not a lot more than that fender lol.

the great part about of A bodies is basically a large number of parts cars and parts out there. majority of these cars were entry level lower price cars when NEW and that still holds true TODAY! yes it costs some $$ to ship, but Fl has a huge population of mopar guys, NETWORK!
yes lots of variance in prices of used parts. worth whatever someone will pay, but like said, no use paying $500 for a good fender, when you can buy entire 4 door parts car for same price!!!!
no use paying more for a part just because someone either does not know what a "fair" price is, or looking to finance his resto with overpriced JUNK>
you might mail Tony ( whitepunkonnitro) and ask his availability and prices on some parts you need. other good vendors on here too. I see good used parts vendors ask prices that I sometimes think are maybe a little cheap and sometimes a little high, but guys that deal in used parts all the time, that have reps for knowing their stuff and are fair, usually are pretty close on what a part should bring. retail, generally I figure. just my opinion.
then there are places like wildcat, sorry, for instance, that think every old car part is gold!?????

dash pad got the bad drups, sounds like you at least need a good core. the "cap" will work over one that is straight, and has even big cracks, you just have to grind and massage it so the cap will cover it as to look pretty much like new.

Awesome thanks you have been a big help maybe I'll get lucky and get hooked up with some good Mopar guys down here in Florida.

PM me I have a grill,header panel and dash pad. If I can figure how to package it all togather it would save on shipping.

Congrats on going with a 360 on your Dart build. This thing is really gonna scoot.
I've noticed that many Mopar Guys who rebuild the later year Darts use the 318, usually because it came with the Car. They'll never know what they're missing, unfortunately.

That 73-4 Dart Grille is gonna look great also...much nicer than the Current Grille.

Although itza 75, here's a pic for incentive...Shows just how Cool these later year Darts can look, when done RIGHT...and that's what your Brother would have wanted.
:glasses7:

Attachments

• 75 DART.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 143

2. driver fender
4. Factory rally wheels
6. Dash pad

Thanks

DO NOT PAY 500 FOR A FENDER!!

I got mine from this guy right here, fast shipping a great price, he normally has a few:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=23466

Also, i have the front bumper if you so need it.

Congrats on going with a 360 on your Dart build. This thing is really gonna scoot.
I've noticed that many Mopar Guys who rebuild the later year Darts use the 318, usually because it came with the Car. They'll never know what they're missing, unfortunately.

That 73-4 Dart Grille is gonna look great also...much nicer than the Current Grille.

Although itza 75, here's a pic for incentive...Shows just how Cool these later year Darts can look, when done RIGHT...and that's what your Brother would have wanted.
:glasses7:

Thank you for the pic! I am super excited about this build. I have built several vehicles in my life but never one with an emotional attachment like this. I have a lots of emotions that run through my head every time I go to the garage to work on it. Can't wait to take it out for the first time.

I just bought a header from him and trim he has a fender as well so will probably get it to. How much for the bumper and will you ship it. Is the chrome good on it?

I'll ship it, shipping will be more than what I'd charge you for the bumper though. I'll get you some pics of the bumper this weekend, gotta dig it out of the storage shed.

61DA7C80-2ACD-4CCF-851D-62D8FE7887E0.jpeg
FBDEF020-5481-4FB1-B210-A409C9590836.jpeg
614DEA7E-3B72-489D-BE0C-73DAD1A41B89.jpeg
75EE15DE-BC12-452A-817C-40CC231E034B.jpeg
A3B23C1D-E7DB-4883-92D7-E5B707D720B0.jpeg
D7C68649-FC01-4351-9C0D-8886C38B0520.jpeg
9F49C03D-0E08-4336-B908-E7D8D593D85F.jpeg
41160FDF-AE41-4DAD-845D-BD817A5544CE.jpeg
1883EE68-0DAE-4C41-BF55-0F9951EBDEFB.jpeg
614DEA7E-3B72-489D-BE0C-73DAD1A41B89.jpeg
It’s been a while since I have posted so here are som updated photos of my progress

EBF79B81-5694-4FFD-A3DE-6713F1E6B9EF.jpeg

-
Back