Help adjusting quarter windows

-

easyrider

65 droptop
Reaction score
So I've got the glass installed but I can't get the quarter window to line up with the door glass. The door glass appears to be in the correct place. It aligns with the roof rail molding as it should. I've adjusted everything on this quarter window (obviously not in the right combination) and I can't even get close. Any ideas? I'm sure there is a procedure for this.
Tom

Up and down or in and out ? i'm getting ready to take mine out for a paint job. Did they ever fit right ? There is only so many adjustments to make, is everything installed properly ?

parts are probaly worn if it bows out put a washer in between regulaer and glass that should bring it inward at the top of quarter glass. I usually loosen all bolt put glass in ideall position with glass in full up position than tighten em up. u can allways take drill and grind a tiny bit of regularer towards the back that might get u a couple mili metres good luck

Up and down or in and out ? i'm getting ready to take mine out for a paint job. Did they ever fit right ? There is only so many adjustments to make, is everything installed properly ?

If you don't have to take those glasses and/or regulators out... DONT !

Now for the thread starter... What car ? Are these all OEM glasses ?
If you bought a used glass it may be wrong.
From my experience... you can spend enough time to get that window lined up with the door glass, come back later and renew the door hinges, the go back in to realign the quarter glass.

Yes, there are specific procedures to adjusting the quarter windows.

But first what year and model is the car

Just put mine in , don't have the doors on yet but it seems to go up to the new top rubber ok, but does not seem to go into the rubber gap as much as one would think it should, spent over half a day messing with adjustments on driver side, right side went better (64 cuda) Great does that mean more adjusting when the doors go on? They both slide up to the same rubber channel ! Redfish you are right don't take them out if you don't have to!!!

Did the whole thing on mine including resetting the glass in the channels with new glass tape. There are actually more adjustments than first meets the eye including in-out, up & down stops, & angle. For the quarter windows, you MUST have the front windows properly adjusted first. You should also follow the instructions in the factory service manual. One of the crucial adjustments on the quarter windows is the positioning at the hinge which is located under the rubber seal at the end of the weatherstrip. If the windows fit OK before removal then it really helps to take detailed pics of all bolt positions to get it in the ballpark. It took me a lot of fussing but I wanted it even better than the factory did it. It was worth it because they work super slick now, takes virtually no effort to put up & down.

This is a 1965 Dart Convertible. The glass is all original and all rubber is new.

Tom

Attachments

• SHOP - CAR 077 (Custom).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 201
I didn't mention vert before because the odds were yours isn't. Now that I know...
Yours is in some ways the easiest quarter window to service. Depending on whats wrong of course.
There are soooo many adjustments available in a vert that others don't have.
The more it was disassembled the more time it takes to get it right again.
I can only wish you good luck with it.

-
Back