Help: Can't Find 10" rear drums for '70 Dart 340

-

HemiOrange340

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I'm looking for the 10" rear drums for a 1970 Swinger 340, discs up front. Nobody seems to have this part anymore... only the 9".

The only place I've been able to find it is O'Reilly Auto Parts and they are $96 each. If all else fails, I've got to bite the bullet and get them. Mine current ones are unsavable, and I need these new ones by Saturday.

AutoZone, Advance, Napa, Pep Boys... nobody has them.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

That's odd I ordered 10" drums for the rear of my '70 Valiant 6 months ago from Pep Boys and they came in 4 days.

Just got a set last week from Advanced Auto Parts. They were made in China, but they were only around $45 each. Ordered on line and arrived at my house 3 days later.

Rockauto.com lists the 10" drums from $40 to around $89 depending on which brand you order.

Rock Auto has them for $53.79 each from Wagner. For a long time, Wagner was the only company that made the small bolt pattern 10" rear drums. BD60123.

There really is a lot of previously posted info. in this forum with manufacturers and parts numbers, including availability.

The SEARCH facility is always your friend!

Let us know how those Rock Auto 10" rear drums work out for your ride, as a number of members are running the factory Abody 8.75" rear with the 10" drums out back.

Wagner's been around for a long time. I used to work for a guy that worked for a million years in brake and allignment shop. He always said that Wagner was the best, and he would use Raybestos if Wagner wasn't available. He wouldn't touch the "rest of the crap out there."

Let us know how those Rock Auto 10" rear drums work out for your ride, as a number of members are running the factory Abody 8.75" rear with the 10" drums out back.

The 10" Wagner drums from Rock Auto worked out great. It was a helluva job since nothing on the brakes had been touched since the early 70's. Turns out I was pretty close to death judging by the wear/warping and rust we found.

I did manage to find a guy in Long Island, NY who claims to have the last stock of NOS 10" brake drums in his warehouse. Says he bought all of them from the company when they went out of business 15-20 years ago. He gets $125 each for them and sounds like he's got a lot of hard to find stuff. Get at me directly if you want his contact info as he doesn't own a computer (seriously).

-
Back