Help choosing a carb

-
Just got off the phone with Dominic and that is almost exactly like what he spec’ed out for me. It will even look just like this one.

if you don’t mind sharing, how much for something like that 1100-1200?
what size bore and venturi

if you don’t mind sharing, how much for something like that 1100-1200?
what size bore and venturi
I don't have all the specs in front of me but he called it an 850ish that will flow like 970-980. Price wise I think was somewhere in the $1575 range but I got the last body in on special pricing for 1450. Complete carb built to spec and comes setup "close" but also comes with full set of jets and bleeds to tune for anywhere. Pretty good deal for a billet carb, tuning and kit.

Last edited:
I don't have all the specs in front of me but he called it an 850ish that will flow like 970-980. Price wise I think was somewhere in the $1575 range but I got the last body in on special pricing for 1450. Complete carb built to spec and comes setup "close" but also comes with full set of jets and bleeds to tune for anywhere. Pretty good deal for a billet carb, tuning and kit.
His carbs are right there or very close in the set up

Great decision. Any of the carb people I listed would give you a quality carb. I cant argue with your decision because I have a customer (he’s a friend too) coming up with a Thumper Dominator.

Keep us posted with your results.

There would be much less bitching and far fewer EFI conversions if guys would spend what you are for a carb. And it’s far cheaper (and will make more horsepower) than EFI.

Just AWESOME

Your combination would probably like a tapered combo spacer under that shiny new carb as well.

Great decision. Any of the carb people I listed would give you a quality carb. I cant argue with your decision because I have a customer (he’s a friend too) coming up with a Thumper Dominator.

Keep us posted with your results.

There would be much less bitching and far fewer EFI conversions if guys would spend what you are for a carb. And it’s far cheaper (and will make more horsepower) than EFI.

Just AWESOME
I appreciate your recommendation. Turns out, it saved me some money too. lol

One thing I didn't mention in my previous post about Dom's carbs is how responsive they are to small changes in air bleeds or idle mixture screws. A 1/16 turn of the idle mixture shows up on the O2 meter.

I have 2 850s from blp, both annular boosters.
Blp sells a prepped 850-1060 cfm 4150. But if you're wanting to run a single carb I'd steer in the 4500 direction, I have one I will probably put some money into and test it on my 471 after I take a few pounds out of my intake manifold lol.
Also I believe dom sources his parts from blp
Lead69 has purple on his thumper carb, I was in love at 1st sight

Good luck getting it together!
Going to need more than luck getting the Duster ready in time. I might focus on getting the Dart ready instead as it needs much less work. Fortunately I have a back up plan to bring the Super Stock in case I don't get one of the A-Bodies ready.... lol

Going to need more than luck getting the Duster ready in time. I might focus on getting the Dart ready instead as it needs much less work. Fortunately I have a back up plan to bring the Super Stock in case I don't get one of the A-Bodies ready.... lol
That's a great option to have

Yeah but I really wanted to have the Duster done. The Dart doesn't need much to be ready but it's not very fast so I'm not that motivated to take it.... lol
What's this dart you have?

What's this dart you have?
Picked up a month ago. 408/a508 with 8 3/4 with Sureloc and 3.91’s.
276FED7D-7421-487E-8439-442AC7A44EC5.jpeg

I just bought a race brawler 850 recently, to replace an ancient 4781. Very pleased so far, but I think it is smaller than the old 850. Lots prettier though. Polished aluminum with purple anodized billet base a metering blocks.
MOPARMAGA would like it.

Thanks, it's a slug though....lol

Needs some leaks addressed, front end work, weld up the exhaust and it's ready to roll.
Nothing wrong with a consistent slug, I did well at sir in the 90s with my old very consistent charger

Nothing wrong with a consistent slug, I did well at sir in the 90s with my old very consistent charger
Agreed! I'm going to do what I can to get it ready. Much rather show up with an A-Body for sure. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

-
Back