Help! from North Carolina/Virginia member!!!

-

340butterduster

no title
Reaction score
Any FABO members in the north-east corner of North Carolina or southern Virginia?
I need your help/assistance!
I bought a hood with hinges for my '38 Dodge pickup on eBay, and the auction clearly stated that the item would be freight.
Now that I've paid for it, the seller (douche bag) is telling me to make my own arrangements for shipping.
The hood is in Pleasant Hill, NC 27866, and I'm in Ontario, Canada.
Could one of you fellows pic it up for me (it's paid), and ship it to me, or recommend a shipping co...
I will cover your costs. I have the fellows contact number and address.

Let me know what you guys can do!

Greatly appreciated!
Giles

i would take the trip, but it is 4 hrs from me

.did you pay by visa..give them a call..you cannot change the rules after you bought...I have had bad experiences with paypal so when I pay by paypal, it comes out of my visa..send a note to paypal as well...I guess it is starting a dispute..hang tough..the good guys win occasionally..

If you pay my fuel costs and lunch, I will drive out there in my Van and pick it up for you. Then we can work out a shipping arrangement. P.M me if interested. I could get it sometime next week, when I do not have any jobs scheduled.

.did you pay by visa..give them a call..you cannot change the rules after you bought...I have had bad experiences with paypal so when I pay by paypal, it comes out of my visa..send a note to paypal as well...I guess it is starting a dispute..hang tough..the good guys win occasionally..

It was paid with Paypal, he never charged me for the shipping. I don't want a refund, the hood is in great shape, and worth much more then I paid for it.
Now I only need to find a way to get it here.
Here's the auction in question http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180517128991&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT,

In the meantime I'll be looking to find a way to get it here somehow.

Giles

If you pay my fuel costs and lunch, I will drive out there in my Van and pick it up for you. Then we can work out a shipping arrangement. P.M me if interested. I could get it sometime next week, when I do not have any jobs scheduled.

That's exactly what I'm after, I'll PM you the other fellows info tomorrow, as I'm already running late. Doesn't need to be done next week either.

Thank you!

PM you in the morning.

Giles

i think that you misread his ad, as it does state that you were responsible for the shipping. cause, once the auction starts, you cannot change that. i find it hard to see how he would of beenm able to change that after it started. it should still not be that bad at shipping

That's exactly what I'm after, I'll PM you the other fellows info tomorrow, as I'm already running late. Doesn't need to be done next week either.

Thank you!

PM you in the morning.

Giles

I will be on the road very early 5:30 AM so I will get your P.M sometime during the day . I will have my laptop with me and will contact you sometime tomorrow.

i think that you misread his ad, as it does state that you were responsible for the shipping. cause, once the auction starts, you cannot change that. i find it hard to see how he would of beenm able to change that after it started. it should still not be that bad at shipping

He didn't change the add, I emailed him asking him about the "freight" and shipping to US only statements in his auction. And if could possibly get me a ballpark quote for shipping to Canada. He responded he would ship it but to a US address only, and if I'm in no rush. So I made arrangements with a US drop off in Niagara Falls NY.

Once the auction ended, I think he was expecting to sell it for more money, he changed his tune and left me were I'm standing now.
I haven't talked to him personally yet, but he left me his number to call him. Judging by the responses I got from him, he comes across as a fairly young fellow, and his eBay score, his transaction are very few.

It's all good now, I over-reacted a touch.
And yet another GREAT FABO member comes to the rescue.

Giles

If you need help getting it closer to you. You can have it shipped to Michigan and I pick it up and bring it across. It'll get it closer somewhat. Also if your not in a rush, I'm planning to go to Mopar Fest and could bring it up in my pickup for you.

Riddler

If you need help getting it closer to you. You can have it shipped to Michigan and I pick it up and bring it across. It'll get it closer somewhat. Also if your not in a rush, I'm planning to go to Mopar Fest and could bring it up in my pickup for you.

Riddler

Talk about turning a nightmare into ...I can't think of any words.
You guys are awesome, I might take you up on that also.
I'm in no rush for it, I won't be driving the beast this year, still gathering parts and ideas for the build.
I'll keep that option open for sure.

Thank you!
Giles

Way to go guys!=D>I bet this would never happen on any other sites like it does here.That's FABO,and glad to see your gettin your part Giles.8)

Looks like a good hood for the money.. Why wont the guy fold the hood up, box it and ship it to you?? It shouldn't weigh close to 150 pounds, UPS would probably just charge an oversize rate on it..

Looks like a good hood for the money.. Why wont the guy fold the hood up, box it and ship it to you?? It shouldn't weigh close to 150 pounds, UPS would probably just charge an oversize rate on it..

You got me thinking, so I went out to the garage and grabbed half the old hood section I have here. It's separated at the center hinge (rusted out).
And weighed it, it's only 20lbs (lightened by some rust), so I would think the complete hood including the hinges and hardware will be around 45lbs., and 42"L x 24"W x 4"D for half section.UPS can easily handle this.

I don't know why he doesn't want to deal with shipping. That's his right I guess.

I ship GM g-body 3/4 floor pans all the time, the last 2 pans I shipped together was "42-pounds", in a pretty dang big box, I shipped them from North Carolina to Vermont for $31.21........ Maybe you can have someone box it up and UPS it to you, If I lived closer I would, I'm in western North Carolina... I'm sure shipping to Canada would cost more, but saying it has to go "freight" is crazy...

Picked up your Hood today Giles, I will pack it up and we can work out a shipping arrangement.

Honestly...no words can express how much I SOOOO much appreciate this.
That my friend; what you have done, is just Plain and simple ,Remarkable and...and, ...! I can't say how much I :notworth::notworth::blob6::blob6::wav::supz: , I owe you a big one!

Thank you soooo very much!

Giles

Might be able to help , meeting with some friends from Waterloo Ontario in two weeks in Carlisle . If you can ship it to me in Virginia I can get them to take it to Waterloo and you can pick up there. Let me know if this helps

Mark
804-201-6494

Might be able to help , meeting with some friends from Waterloo Ontario in two weeks in Carlisle . If you can ship it to me in Virginia I can get them to take it to Waterloo and you can pick up there. Let me know if this helps

Mark
804-201-6494

Right on Mark, thanks for the offer, greatly appreciated, but I will likely just get it shipped here directly, and pay the duty, brokerage... I might be going to Carlisle myself. I'm for sure going to Syracuse NY. the following weekend.

Who do you know from Waterloo? (Pm me) they're minutes away from me.

Gary Hoffman , Harry Bobel , My in laws live in Guelph. I lived in Waterloo from 72-87 . Heading back to Ontario in August for a antique John Deere show hosted by my in laws. 2 years ago they had 250 + old Deere's

Mark

Gary Hoffman , Harry Bobel , My in laws live in Guelph. I lived in Waterloo from 72-87 . Heading back to Ontario in August for a antique John Deere show hosted by my in laws. 2 years ago they had 250 + old Deere's

Mark

I know both of them, Gary's nephew owned my 340 Duster (met Gary over 25 years ago), and Harry had a nice T/A Chally when I last talked to him. They are both members of the OCC club.

My Brother in law would should love to go to the tractor show, He worked for John Deer, in Welland, Ont. for some 20 years, and he restores them as a hobby. Small world...

-
Back