help ID a carb?

-

68gts340

Reaction score
need to id this carb, has a plate on the front that reads...compitition series 750 cfm.... has no choke and looks to be an older afb...... it needs a rebuild kit, any help is appreciated.....thanks

Should be an Edelbrock carb from how you describe it. It should have a part # like 1408 or something like that.

Its a Carter Competition Series AFB. There should be a number stamped on the base near one corner where they bolt down. It should either start or end with an S (I don't recall which).

My old Carter--Federal-Mogul catolog has 1 marine and 1 street automotive 750 listed. The marine has a electric choke while the automotive unit has a manual. Edel. carbs will interchange with the Carter/Federal-mogul units. For the most part.
Carb part number, 9755
Strip kit 10-201
Electric choke kit 170P-1314
Spreadbore adapter 9600A
MoPar linkage 3-2087
zip kit (AKA rebuild kit) 902-317A floats not included
float part number..P/N 21P-188, you'll need 2.
Note, the Electric choke kit does not contain the part that covers the primary (Butterfly-?-) or it's shaft it attachs to. If you need these parts, I may have the shaft, but should have the butterfly.
Let me know and I'll dig for it.

thank you rumblefish....exactly the info i need.....i think i have a couple old afb "s for the choke parts ..thanks for the offer
Ron

-
Back