-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this is..?

20230406_145459.jpg

20230406_145512~2.jpg

Reverse safety switch wiring that goes to your transmission. If you try and start it in gear it won't start when plugged in to the switch on your transmission. They were one wire in the early 60's then went to two around 67 I believe...

Reverse safety switch wiring that goes to your transmission. If you try and start it in gear it won't start when plugged in to the switch on your transmission. They were one wire in the early 60's then went to two around 67 I believe...
Thanks.. Now I know what to order..

Is that true for a manual tranny..??

One wire is the reverse light the other the neutral safety switch...

Nope.

The two wire is the reverse light set up. one line is hot, the other goes to reverse lights with the switch completing the circuit.

Three wire, outer two are reverse light, center is the auto trans safety switch.

OP has a manual trans switch plug.

Nope.

The two wire is the reverse light set up. one line is hot, the other goes to reverse lights with the switch completing the circuit.

Three wire, outer two are reverse light, center is the auto trans safety switch.

Yep you are right. Just looked at my 69 GTS 383 4-speed wiring and that is what I have.

1. What car
  2. What year
  3. What engine
  4. What trans
  5. What modifications
  6. What are the colors of the wires going into the connector

Last edited:
Nope.

THIS

1. What car
  2. What year
  3. What engine
  4. What trans
  5. What modifications
  6. What are the colors of the wires going into the connector
72 Demon
4spd
No mods
Black and black w white stripe

It's backup lights for a manual trans.
The Neutral Safety Switch on manny tranny cars was the clutch safety switch.

-
Back