Help!! Insurance not paying to fix!!!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has any ideas to help. I have a 1967 dart 4 door sedan with a cracked windsheild. I can't seem to find a glass shop that will get the parts and make the repairs! I even called the glass companies that came up on this web site, and they won't fix it!
I located a windsheild in Wis. $325.00 & $115.00 shipping.
I located lockstrip $225.00 NOS
Gaskets are not made yet but prototype gasket comming in this week.
We drive are Darts full time with full coverage.
My Insurance agent keeps telling me I have a 45 year old car. I keep telling him he knew that when he wrote the policy and had me give him pictures of the car and appraisals before policy was written. He and his good hands people don't remind me how old my car is everymonth when I go into the office and give him a premium check! I am also expected to keep paying premiums while I fight this out. It seems the good hands people only want to pay so much and that leaves about a $80.00 shortage (shipping), and they don't want to pay for the lockstrip!
If you notice their good hands are always empty and held open!
Does anyone have any ideas???? I'm lost!
Everything would be golden if I pay for all parts, find someone to install and pay, then the Insurance company will reimberse me. I've been layed off for 7 months. I don't have the funds to pay first.
Ideas???? Please?? Help!!!

You might give a call to your state's Insurance Commissioner.
C

i will check with my glass ***** yes that what i call him hes in town maybe he can help

tell them you are going t o send a copy of your policy to an attorney for review and possible action ......might help .....as you have no recourse also put an add in the local paper telling all how they are cheating you...this sucks let us know how it plays out...

I'm not sure age of the car is relevent. I would have to know what the pay to replace a windshield in a brand new car before I call my attorney.
As for finding a shop that will do the install and guarentee the work, good luck with that.

....I have a buddy that has a glass shop and he can get anything i ask for. He'l come to my shop and pull a windshield out before paint then come back and install when i'm ready. I have Allstate also but not on my old stuff. I use Haggertys. You need to make a change.

IF you have glass coverage it should be paid with in the endorsement for your policy reads. 100% minus ANY deductible is the norm.

They're refusal is against the law.

If you don't have glass coverage than they're paying the national average on the repair under collision or comp.

Read your policy something that people seldom do which includes myself. I have a dual wheel pick up that is private use with a GVW of 11,400 pounds. Has commercial tags because CT forces you to. When I tried to Insure my 24' trailer with a GVW of 10,000 pounds with the same insurance company they said we don't insure vehicles with that high of a GVW! I was dumb founded and stated that you have insured my TRUCK for 7 years with 11,400 GVW.

(Mind you I supplied the VIN on the truck)

They said IF you were to get into a accident YOU might not have coverage! HUH? Long story short yes in the endorsements it states we ONLY insure vehicles UNDER 10,000 GVW.

I went with Satefarm for the truck and trailer they ALSO wrote the policy even although they ALSO have the same legal writing of up to 10,000 GVW!

I have since changed to 'The Good Hands People" and they also have the same provision and they WROTE the policy EVEN after I told the agent my dilemma! They said they never heard of that EVEN although it is written in their policy! Go figure! :read2:

....I have a buddy that has a glass shop and he can get anything i ask for. He'l come to my shop and pull a windshield out before paint then come back and install when i'm ready. I have Allstate also but not on my old stuff. I use Haggertys. You need to make a change.
Will Haggertys insure classics that are drivern as primary full time drivers? I ended up yesterday evening talking with my agent again. He said that they did all they could do. I said that's Ok, I already have a call into my lawyer (I did too!) and that I sick of screwing with them, I'm turning my lawyer loose on them. He asked if I was sending the lawyer to them too or just the Insurance company. I told him his agency was included due to him writing the policy and that he hid this type of problem from me. Not mentioned on any paperwork that I have to pay first then get repaid. He said he did everything he could and he wasn't responsible!
That is exactly what's wrong with this country, no one wants to take resposibilty anymore. Anyway I decided to srawl up the sleve of the good hands people and make sure all the higher ups a corporate knew who I was and that I have been paying premiums for the past 32 years with only 4 claims during that time all for windshields and 1 was for a motorhome. NEVER had to pay ahead before! When I called corporate the auto phone system gave me an option for a customer service survey after the call was over, big mistake I took that option. While talking with corporate I also reminded them they were discriminating against us for driving classics daily.
Have talked with a glass shop in Dayton OH that was recommended from thios site. They referred me to H&H Mobile Auto Glass. Talked with them, Corporate called them and got back with me. Things look like they are moving foward after I threatened corporate with the Lawsuit. Now here is what was going on behind the curtains at OZ...
1: My usual glass shop who has worked on my 64 before got new management with no nuts. He said he could not go to the supplier I found with my windshield due to if it stressed cracked within 12 months after installation he could not get full credit for it due to not being his usual supplier!?!?!?!? Pus--es! BS ALERT! Also that is covered by my insurance too!
2: Ins. Agent was telling me it was their "Policy" that I pay first then get repaid. I told them if that was their policy that it should be written in their Fu--in' policy then! Why don't he go ahead and pay for me then and send my parts to the glass shop? That didn't work so his agency went on the list to the lawyer.
3: On the call to corporate they said I was approved for replacement of my windshield only and the gasket and lockstrip was not covered due to normal wear & tear. I told them are fine untill they tear them out to replace the glass (Glass shop said they would be destroyed during removal) and that they would cause the wearing and tearing during replacement and that was their responsability also. Besides every other windshield they have ever done for me including motorhoma all had their gakets replaced when the windshield was done, why was this car any different?
4: Corporate called me back and finally agreed after talking with H&H Glass. This is when I finally found out that the supposed policy they came up with about me paying first was just because they only wanted to deal with 1 invoice person and 1 check! Lazy Asses!!!
As soon as this windshield goes in, I'm going to give them one of my good hands with the middle finger up and go find another Ins. company, for everything, house, flood, vehicles, EVERYTHING!
Sorry guys I feel a little better now, I'll let you know what goes on later today!

dart 67 101.jpg

dart 67 100.jpg

Look up Guardian Auto glass. Not sure if they are nationwide or just in the Ohio area but they can usually get just about anything. Best of luck and keep us posted!

I was told my good hands people to switch to haggertys because of this type of issue but when I got the paperwork to fill out, it was really strict on mileage driven per year on the car so I passed. Maybe I should take a look at it again....

you think your current insurance company is bad, wait til you try to deal with a new one. I'm lucky to be with USAA, but then again I haven't had any claims in the last 15 years

I have kind of calmed a bit and had to laugh and share, "if it were easy everyone would be driving them". As you all know I am having problems on multiple levels at one time with this car and have had sense we purchased in Dec 08. Windshield, Insurance, Starter Problems, etc....
Again Thanks everyone, I just signed up on the site last week and already don't know what I used to do without you all!!

I had awesome luck with gaurdain in the past but I will check with my new glass guy for you,and I'm sure we can find a good used glass somewhere,post in the wanted section here on f.a.b.o. for a good used glass close by or that someone is willing to ship.I'll Call "road runner" auto glass here in inverness and see what I can get.and let you know
Look up Guardian Auto glass. Not sure if they are nationwide or just in the Ohio area but they can usually get just about anything. Best of luck and keep us posted!

safelightglass.com 1 800 937 9845 412.90 installed 67 dart four door
238.95 installed 72 plymouth duster Tint
these are windshield prices installed at your home.you need to give the zip code where you are located but those prices are at my zip code.hope this is helpful

safelightglass.com 1 800 937 9845 412.90 installed 67 dart four door
238.95 installed 72 plymouth duster Tint
these are windshield prices installed at your home.you need to give the zip code where you are located but those prices are at my zip code.hope this is helpful
Already called and they were **** sure of themselves at the begining of the call, after on hold, they came back on the line and bailed on me and said good luck! (Safelight Auto Glass)
Here's the latest, Corporate requested info on where I had found parts, I gave to them, they gave everything to glass shop. Still waiting to hear from them. I will call when I get back from battery test.
Thanks Again All!

try this one 1 800 800 2727 i may have given you the wrong # but let you fingers do the walking thru the yellow pages and you'll find something,I'm still waiting for road runner to call me back

and dont be surprised when current company tells you your car is worth less than the bill total.

and dont be surprised when current company tells you your car is worth less than the bill total.
They tried that already, that's why I have written totaled = 10K and comprehensive galss is actual cash value for repair 100 deductable. If they didn't want to do it they shouldn't have written it!
News update, Insuance paying, Glass on order, here in 3 days, (yea right), and NOS lockstip being ordered.
Prototype gasket should arrive anyday. (Hope the company did their homework on that) I can't wait to see it! If it works they will put it into production. We'll see....
It looks like the universe is unfolding the way it should, LOL I'm not even going to think about it again untill next week.... Hmmm How will I hide that at the car show in Versailles IN this Sat???
Thanks Again everyone!

Prototype gasket fell through. I'm so stupid, I can't beleive I bought into that crap! Does anyone know where I can get a windshield gasket for a 1967 Dart 4 door sedan??? Anyone ideas????

5+ weeks now sense the windsheild broke. Still driving around with it. I am STILL trying to work with glass shops. Even after I located all the parts, I'm still rying to get someone at a glass shop to do their damn jobs! If they are all so afraid of the job they should all just open rock shops, grvel pit, garbage dump................NOT GLASS SHOPS! 1 out of 10 glass shops pick up their phones with a recording! Take me back to 40 years ago when things and people actually meant something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wack:

I had good luck when I ordered my 66 Dart Windshield,they found a brand new one in 1 day.I had to pay cash,cause the windshield was broken when I bought the car.They pulled the old one out,installed the new one with the original gasket(they also used a sealer)Done!I was surprised they even found a new windshield,let alone in 1 day!Standard Auto Glass.Good Luck!

-
Back