Help make this go viral please....

-
Do you have a local SPCA? If you can't afford vet care, taking the little guy to a shelter will at least get him proper vet care. Just another option...

I have already contacted all the shelters in this area. None will take him. This is a very bad area for stray animals. Even the private shelters are having to turn their animals over to the local pound because they have so many. It sucks.

That was my first thought......but ultimately, he will be in better care with us.......pretty pitiful really.

PM me a paypal account.

This past Christmas my son and I heard a cat crying and we finally localized it to the house across the street. Our neighbors were gone for the holidays and I knew they did not have a cat. Turns out the cat had gotten into our neighbors crawl space when he had the door open before he left town. Luckily my neighbor does not lock his crawl space. My son opened the door and out ran a very tired, hungry and dehydrated cat. 7 days our neighbors had been gone. He immediately snuggled and cried with joy for being rescued. We gave him some food and called the local neighborhood cat rescuer. (Gotta love the social space) She picked the cat up and go it to the area cat rescue vet. The cat did have a chip. The family was located. They had dumped the cat in our neighborhood. The vet seriously considered reporting them for pet abandonment. Anyway we now have a healthy, fat, and loving cat. Which I swore after our last one died we would never have again.

So let me know where to send some help your way....

Dennis

I know you will take good care of the cat and provide a loving home. But I have to ask,
why did your neighbor bring the cat to you, don't they need a cat.
anyway, take care of the cat, but most of all , yourself and wife.

I'm in. Got three shelter dogs , hell it's all I have ever had.
PM me PayPal info and I will find something to send.

"When I was a kid" we grew up on a country road that was very close to our small town. It was all too easy to drive a couple of miles and toss out the unwanted pups and kittens. My Dad must have put down at least 8 in those days, which was common. We also took in a few. Dad was not "into" house pets. They all had to exist outdoors. We had a few coons, coyotes, and some of them didn't last very long.

The kitty cat is at the vet's office. They looked at him and they said they felt like someone actually dragged him down the road. There was so much imbedded dirt on his little paws that we could not see his toes were half way gone. They said that after he is cleaned up and as long as he checks out good his toes will grow back and heal fine.

Yall have been more than generous. Thank you to each and every one of you.

I will post an update in a bit. They said to call back about 5:30. They are open till 7 so they have lots of time to check him over.

"When I was a kid" we grew up on a country road that was very close to our small town. It was all too easy to drive a couple of miles and toss out the unwanted pups and kittens. My Dad must have put down at least 8 in those days, which was common. We also took in a few. Dad was not "into" house pets. They all had to exist outdoors. We had a few coons, coyotes, and some of them didn't last very long.

Sounds familiar. We didn't have coyotes then, none were around this area. But we did have coons, if picked up as baby's they make good pets. Also baby skunks debagged. Careful RRR, people are going to start thinking you have a heart. There goes that image. J/K by the way.

I got one asleep on my lap, looks like they could be twins

hope FABOII will be just fine

Got off the phone with the vet. They said he almost had to be dragged down the road. They have given him some IV antibiotics and are cleanin him up. They are gonna keep him a day or two to make sure he is ok.

We have 4 dogs and a cat, 2 dogs are rescue and one of witch is second chance rescue. F our ddifferences !! This ain't about us. Please pm your pay pal. If everyone kicked in a twenty this would be paid for .

Got off the phone with the vet. They said he almost had to be dragged down the road. They have given him some IV antibiotics and are cleanin him up. They are gonna keep him a day or two to make sure he is ok.

Heard anything yet, today?

Not yet. They said to call about 5:30. You know Dr. Dennard's place. They see um like cattle up to around 10 or so and then spend the rest of the day in surgery. They are open till 7 so I don't wanna crowd them.

The kitty cat is at the vet's office. They looked at him and they said they felt like someone actually dragged him down the road. There was so much imbedded dirt on his little paws that we could not see his toes were half way gone. They said that after he is cleaned up and as long as he checks out good his toes will grow back and heal fine.

Yall have been more than generous. Thank you to each and every one of you.

I will post an update in a bit. They said to call back about 5:30. They are open till 7 so they have lots of time to check him over.

I can't understand how someone can be so cruel to an animal. They should be shot on sight... :finga:

I just threw in a couple of bucks to the paypal for the vet bills.... :D

Keep us posted Rob... :glasses7:

Finally figured it out.
Never sent money to someone before today.
Missed the post with the email addy.
Sent what I could.
Fingers crossed.

Thank yall very much. It is very much appreciated all of you.

Talked to the vet. She changed her mind. She feels like the kitty was indeed thrown from a moving car. He has a hairline fractured foot and rib. He also had a tooth knocked out. They are calling him "Scruff" and she said everybody loves him because he is such a sweet kitten. She said all he does is purr, even though they all know he is in a lot of pain.

He will be ready tomorrow. She said they wanted to give him a couple of days for scab to form before they tried to clean him up good. She said they are on the fence about bandaging him up, because he is so young and small, that the bandages really wouldn't do a whole lot and he would probably tear them off anyway. They said in about another two or three weeks to bring him back and get him neutered. I started to let them do it now, but we want him to get over some of this trauma first.

So I guess Scruff it is. I hope he integrates into the fold. lol

Can we track down who did this and throw them out the window, at 80???

I wish somehow I could find out. I kinda have a feelin about it, but no way in heck could I ever prove it.

Thanks for the update on Scruff, that's a good name for him. He has a great home and people now.

Man that is so F@#ked up I cant believe people do such ****! that is great you saved it and to people on here who donated least some people have souls. I value a animals life more then a humans most of time and this just reassures why.

I wish somehow I could find out. I kinda have a feelin about it, but no way in heck could I ever prove it.

The most important thing is to get the cat healed up and back to normal. You will give him a good home. It won't happen to him again with you around... :glasses7:

The most important thing is to get the cat healed up and back to normal. You will give him a good home. It won't happen to him again with you around... :glasses7:

No, because he is going to be another inside baby. I sure hope he is small enough to be accepted. I think he is.

-
Back