Help me find my first

-
Sounds like this rig has a curse on it! Buy it and you get into trouble...ha ha

Good luck. This could be a golden opportunity.

Ok this search is getting exhuasting. I found out today that the suppose "current" owner who is in jail, got transfered to prison! Ugh, which means that my letter I sent won't get to him, I sent another to the new facility.

My question is does any on this forum live near St. Helens, Oregon? The reason I ask is because I think I have a current address. I want to see if the car is at this residence, but I am 5 hours away.

Hey try this... if you have the address.. its a long shot... use google maps, see if you can get a street view, and maybe the car shows up in the driveway at that address. How long has the current owner had the car?

Hey everyone! The leads just keep coming in. :) Someone replied to my CL ad and said the car was parked at a "Barn" where his band use to rehearse. The last time he saw it was in Sept. He didn't have an exact address but a good enough description for a drive by. Its on Sykes Road, just behind the fairgrounds, where Bachelor Flat Road and Sykes Road meet. I live about 5 hours away, so I can't go up there easily. I tried the Google Earth, but no success. If someone wants to do a drive by and take some pics, that would be great!

If it is still there, I still have the burden of finding the right authority to let me buy it since he is in prison and hasn't returned any of my letters. I was told that his GF is handling his affairs, but have no luck contacting her thus far.

Also the current owner has had the car for at least 6 months now. Not sure on the exact amount of time, because he hasn't registered it into his name.

ill ask my nephew to drive by and check I worked with people that lived over there when they still had concerts there if its the same people it might help idk ill try man

Update:

I finally found the current owners GF and she is willing to sell the car, but she said he wants $5,000 :mumum: Don't get me wrong I would love to have the car back, I just can't justify paying that much. I know that her boyfriend only paid $1500 for it, and never registered it, then got busted and went to prison.

I offered her $2,000 without even seeing it, but she declined. She said he bought it cheap for an investment and researched it and said they are going for like 70,000 on the internet... (Her words, not mine). Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that this car is worth that much???

Its a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger, /6 car, auto bench seat 2dr. Now has a rebuilt 318 in it, with a fiberglass 6-pack hood, and buckets w/a floor shifter. All work done by myself, 10+ years ago. It also has a salvage title... because it was considered lost when it sold at auction... See pics on page 1.

So now, I don't know what to do, I have a 340 bored .040 over, KB243 pistons, new main/cam bearings, main studs, oil pump and pick up. I have the big valve "J" heads at the machine shop now. Also have a 8 3/4 rear for A body and 727 trans.

I'm considering selling this to offset the price of my old Dart. Originally was hoping to get the car cheaper, and finish the 340 and drop it in. Now I'm thinking I should sell it. What do you all think I should do?

leave her your number, chances are she will need some money at some point and call you back. Also let her know the real world value of the car. Tell her the frame is soft, the value is less with a salvage title, it is full of bondo, whatever.....Ask if you can go have a look and then show her some cash....

leave her your number, chances are she will need some money at some point and call you back. Also let her know the real world value of the car. Tell her the frame is soft, the value is less with a salvage title, it is full of bondo, whatever.....Ask if you can go have a look and then show her some cash....

I agree with what you are saying. I did tell her that the value of that specific car isn't worth that much. I will try telling her those things, my worry is she doesn't know what that means, or even cares. I think I will try going up there to flash cash and see if it even runs, its been sitting for quite some time, she claims it does. I live 5 hours away so it makes me nervous going without coming back with something.

It's MAY BE worth what he paid as it sits. It will be only be worth $70k if/when the dollar devalues to about 10% of what it is now... Personally, I'd leave your number with the offer of $2k if you really want it. I wouldn't give over $1k for it...

It's MAY BE worth what he paid as it sits. It will be only be worth $70k if/when the dollar devalues to about 10% of what it is now... Personally, I'd leave your number with the offer of $2k if you really want it. I wouldn't give over $1k for it...

I'm hoping that they won't get any serious bites at that price. I would really like it back mostly because of sentimental value.

The scoop is the six-pack style.

Yeah, I understand the sentimental thing. It's one reason I have no plans to ever sell my GTS and for that matter my Barracuda, although I have owned the Barracuda for considerably less time, but have known the car for nearly as long (thirty years).

UPDATE:

I drove up there this past weekend, and bought the car. It runs good, alot louder than I remember.. lol. The previous owner tossed my buckets for a set of plastic racing seats. :banghead: All in all I'm happy with it and am glad I got it back. I will post some pics up soon. Also I have some goodies from my '67 GT build that I'm going to be selling because I got my 70 Swinger back.

Thanks everyone for all the help and support!

Hey, right on, good for you! Did you get it back for a fair price?

I wouldn't say fair. I tried to bargain down with her, but she knew that I drove 5 hours, and rented a trailer. So I payed more than I wanted to, but I'm hoping to recoup some funds with the sale of my other parts.

-
Back