Help me identify this brake drum

-
That is a re-drilled A body 10" rear drum. No other drum will fit, due to the offset and center hole diameter.

See post 6 of the link below for 10"X1.75" drum and axle re-drill pictures.
Drum register id is 2.312"
Just throwing a tape across the axle register could lead to believe it's 2.250". Probably should at least use a caliper. It's difficult to get a good measurement with studs installed.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=284482

The Moser's I have, A30-CST-A45 - A-Body, 8 3/4" Rear Axle Shafts, Stock A-Body Drum Brake (Redrilled) -- 30 Spline, register 2.300" (best dimension I can get with caliper and the studs installed). They do not have the markings the axle in this thread shows.

That is a re-drilled A body 10" rear drum. No other drum will fit, due to the offset and center hole diameter.

Do you have a source for that drum new? They are no longer available through the parts store. It is said that a front drum can be re-machined to use on the rear position, can you enlighten us on that and if it works correctly?

Show a pic of the backing plate, as they are A body specific! If it is a SBP backing plate, only the 10" sbp drum will fit correctly and your identity problem will be solved!

Contact Craig Studnick and check if he has any OE SBP drums available! Geof

Show a pic of the backing plate, as they are A body specific! If it is a SBP backing plate, only the 10" sbp drum will fit correctly and your identity problem will be solved!

Contact Craig Studnick and check if he has any OE SBP drums available! Geof

Who is Craig Studnick and how would the op get in contact with him?

There is always the option of getting a 10 or 11in set up from a b body and bolting it onto you housing .

I used an 11in setup on mine off a 70 b-body

Just for fun, I have been crunching some numbers and have found a drum that uses a 1 3/4" wide shoe that has the lbp. The center is still slightly too large. The drum is much more flat faced than the Mustang drum that I looked at is.

Attachments

• Raybestos.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 63 vf.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 177
Who is Craig Studnick and how would the op get in contact with him?

Craig is on here, I've seen him post to brake questions before! If I can find his number ill post it here! I'm camping right now!! Ill do a search and report back!! Geof

516-485-1935 is his number!

Craig is on here, I've seen him post to brake questions before! If I can find his number ill post it here! I'm camping right now!! Ill do a search and report back!! Geof

516-485-1935 is his number!

Sweet, hopefully that will turn up something.

I have found a seller with four new ones on eBay and he wants a whopping $297.88 each and then it would still have to be re-drilled.
Where is the gold??? Mopar rear sbp 10" brake drums apparently!!

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Brake-Drum-for-1964-1969-MoPar-A-Body-V-8-/221360491431?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338a1d0ba7&vxp=mtr"]Rear Brake Drum for 1964 1969 Mopar A Body V 8 | eBay[/ame]

It would be cheaper to get new axles and convert to rear disk than pay $300 each for SBP drums.

Are you guys Kidding, or what? I have two sbp 10" drums off of my 7 1/4 that I'm not using. They are worth HOW MUCH?

This has become a very annoying experience. I think I'm just going to take it to O'Reilly auto and have them turn it. Hopefully it will help and I can just run it until I decide to upgrade.

OK - Here's what I have. They are 10" drums from a 68 sbp 7 1/4 equipped with 10" drums front and back. The centerhole measures 2.312" with a dial caliper. Apparently, this one is aftermarket by Centrifuge?.... The other drum looks like it has less meat on it but still in good shape.

Ryan, I sent you a PM with my phone number.

I just got off the phone with O'Reilly's; they said it was so warped that it wobbled in and out 1/4" on the machine.

Jim, it looks like I will need one of your drums. I'll be in touch.

You can buy hubcentric rings. Check ebay. They come in many sizes and are nylon so easy to sand down slightly if needed. You can download a catalog with sizes. I bought some to center some slotted mags wheels that are SBP with oversized hub register on my 65 Dart. I recall the manufacturer is Gorilla something.

-
Back