Help me select between these 2 gauges...

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Hi. I'm having a hard time picking gauges for my 70 Dart build...I'm going for the "racey" kinda look...I've narrowed it down to the auto meter ultra lites or the carbon fiber gauges...I like them both very much, but I'd like to see what the carbon fiber gauges look like when they are lit up at night...

Also, don't know whether to go with the standard tach, or the one with memory...is it really necessary, helpful or cooler? ...worth the extra hundred bucks?

1z6xqbm.jpg

2qjymas.jpg

155p652.jpg

23jlahu.jpg

Here is my dash, what gauges do you think would look good?

21eudk2.jpg

149czfo.jpg

2lc8qr4.jpg

if i remember the ultra lights are thru the dial lighting... way better looking.

Either one of the carbon fiber ones would look good to me.

the carbon will look really good with the polished dash
its all about contrast light color dash = dark color gauges

I like what you've done to the dash. The carbon fiber ones look better to me, but I think they are quite a bit more $$ than standard black face. For me, it's not worth the price difference.

I had the ultra white before with a dark dash love the look at night, so I bought them again for my dart to go with the black dash

Yep, gotta be a RMD. I wish I'd bought my RMD for the bigger speedo and tach, but I already had the guages. That dash is gonna look great.
Have you decided if you're going to paint or polish the aluminum. If paint, what color? Same as car body color, interior color, or contrast color?

I personally am gonna use the carbon fiber guages in mine. lol, I already picked em out too a while back.

You can make the Carbon fiber ones light up any color you like

I had the ultra white before with a dark dash love the look at night, so I bought them again for my dart to go with the black dash

If you have any pics of them lighted up, would really help me out. :)

I'm diggin' the white face. Is that a Rocky Mountain Dashes dash?

Yes it is an RMD dash.

Yep, gotta be a RMD. I wish I'd bought my RMD for the bigger speedo and tach, but I already had the guages. That dash is gonna look great.
Have you decided if you're going to paint or polish the aluminum. If paint, what color? Same as car body color, interior color, or contrast color?

I think I'm going to powdercoat it silver...The interior will be black...I'm not sure what color the car will be...

if i remember the ultra lights are thru the dial lighting... way better looking.

the carbon fiber gauges are also 'around the dial lighting'

-
Back