help me with hood scoop choice

-

shoebox1.1

Reaction score
guys ive got a 74 dart sport with a flat stock hood. im going to be running a tall intake and carb setup and i need some clearance via a hood scoop. im not against running a cowl hood but ive seen AAR quality fiberglass has the twin snorkel factory scoop in a standard height or "tall" version. i cant seem to find a pic (on a car) of that tall version anywhere. any picture help with ethier a cowl hood or "tall" twin snorkel for a late A body would be great! thanks gus

Start a thread or look on E-bag for an original snorkel scoop for your car $$$.I,ve bought 2 off of Kijiji.com(like Craigs list,but in Canada)paid under $200 for each.They,re climbing up in the $300-$350 price range if you can find one.Stock is better than any aftermarket ones.JMO

I have seen that tall AAR hood scoop before.

why not six pack?

Attachments

• car stuff 006.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 246
I like OEM style scoops too.

If you do get one, here's how the OEM holes and scoop are oriented....if you have enough clearance. The center front and rear studs should line up with corresponding holes in the underhood bracing. If you need a couple more inches of carb clearance, you can cut a "diamond" shaped hole using the underside bracing as a template. If you need a lot, you'll need a taller scoop.

Also, there are two different bases used with that scoop. One fits the flatter Demon hood, as well a Duster. The other has more of a curve in the base to fit the Dart Sport hood better. If ordering one, specify the hood it's for. AAR has very good quality but they have been know to take a long time to fill an order if it's not in stock.

Attachments

• Dart Sport hood-1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 161
  • ATC3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 146
  • Dart Sport hood-3.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 149
that looks good, i like it
Thanks! I think after looking at all these posts.... that just about any hood scoop looks good on any "A" body! I'm trying to keep the black theme here going with the gold.. The hood scoop in flat black, the 1/2 vlinyl black top, the flat black go wing.. With the flat black stripes.. Makes for a good combo.. Thinking about the black hood mounted tach.. What the heck..

-
Back