Help, my car won't get a spark

-

ohnogerm

Reaction score
my car won't get a spark just bought a new coil cap rotor wires plugs and still nothing anyone have any idea for me to try

fly a kite in a thunderstorm with a key on the string.....worked once before...he got a spark

My 1900 Lohner-Porsche Mixte Hybrid won't go anywhere. What is the matter?

Attachments

• Lohner_Porsche.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 186
my car won't get a spark just bought a new coil cap rotor wires plugs and still nothing anyone have any idea for me to try

The reason we're pokin a little fun, here, is that you didn't give us much info. This is all a two way street. You tell us more, we might be inclined as well

Try wiggling some wires around, my dart did that a few times before I replaced the wiring.

ok so full story sorry guys backed my car in to wash it and i was done wouldn't start its a 72 scamp 318 its turns over i took the spark plug out to see if when i turned the car over it sparked and it only does sometimes

Are you getting the distributor cap wet?

How about the ignition control box? Is that getting wet? That will cause it to loose spark until they dry out.

the cap may have got wet but as of now everything is dry been trying to get a spark for two day now i had a weal spark for a second then lost it

Try a ballast resistor. They act like that when they go out.

Or an ignition control box.

-
Back