Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

blewbyoutobad

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm kinda lost on this one. Exterior paint and body done and now for the interior. I thought I knew what I wanted but the more I look at it the more confused I get. I have the colors down, silver, black & bright orange. The orange is a perfect match of the exterior orange. Legendary will do the covers and door panels. Here's what I have so far. Dash and steering column are done in correct black texture, I have a new dash pad that can be any color I want and the headliner is black. This is not a restoration, it is my 340 4 speed Swinger I bought in 1974 so I don't care if it gets a little out there as long as it looks cool. I have posted 6 samples of the buckets. I'm fine with whatever you all think. I'm seeking opinions. I can go with black or silver carpet and door panels with any of these choices or orange door panels. First pics are to give you an idea of what I am building. The doors are orange with flames on the top inside. I appreciate your input.
Thanks FABO

Attachments

• PA110138.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 311
  • PA180200.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 69 Dart Buckets #1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 69 Dart Buckets #2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 69 Dart Buckets #3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 69 Dart Buckets #4.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 69 Dart Buckets #5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 306
  • 69 Dart Buckets #6.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 292
Hot pink, neon green with neon purple polka dots.

id go with the black seats with the silver inserts id stay away from the orange in the interior it would be to much the paint look great love to see when its done good luck with it

Personally, I think anything other then all black would be too much. The exterior has a lot going on. Just stay simple with the interior.

I'm going to suggest something conservative for the interior since there's so much going on with the paint:
* Dashpad - black for least amount of reflected glare while driving (this is a driver, right?)
* Carpet - black to match the headliner and also not be susceptible to dirt or stains
* Door panels - black
* Seats - black with a bright orange lower back panel just for a splash of color (similar to your last seat illustration, only all-black with the orange insert)

I think a more subdued interior will look much better with the exterior color and flame graphics. Too much going on will just be overload.

Again, just my opinion. Your car and your money, so your decision.

what about black seats with orange piping? would give it that pop of color and not be too much. all black is too boring for that wild of a paint job.

Black w/ Silver Inserts will flow nicely with your int. black door panels, head liner and carpet
will bring the color from your seats to the int. have fun, JMO that this is the way to get that smooth, neat and organized look :cheers:

Hey Rusty, spot on LOL. Is that Sarah Palin as your avatar?

No. Google images "Lisa Ann" but make SURE you're not at work and there are no kids around.

She did play Palin in a "movie". The title was "Who's Nailin Palin?" I think you can figure it out from there. lol

All kiddin aside.......I think the exact same pattern as the paint would ROCK on the interior. ALL the interior. Door panels, head liner and all. I mean look at it like this. The exterior is gonna be over the top. Why stop there? I think it would be awesome.

what about black seats with orange piping? would give it that pop of color and not be too much. all black is too boring for that wild of a paint job.

Good idea young gun. You guys are really helpful. Im sure You all will help me figure it out. I like piping.

All kiddin aside.......I think the exact same pattern as the paint would ROCK on the interior. ALL the interior. Door panels, head liner and all. I mean look at it like this. The exterior is gonna be over the top. Why stop there? I think it would be awesome.

Rusty
Great things to stimulate the brain. I only hope Im not confused more. Might just have to use the poll results, You do bring some good point up.

All white or all light silver.

I second that

ALL WHITE or SILVER but my preference would be White, black carpet, black dash pad.

Don't know what you are doing foe a dash pad but wish it had been available when I built my car

Just Dash has a 3 gauge pod option foe the A Body dash pad. Wish I had it, would look a lot better than gauges under the dash.

Stay away from a lot of color, LOTS GOING ON OUTSIDE

My 2 Cents

I second that

ALL WHITE or SILVER but my preference would be White, black carpet, black dash pad.

Don't know what you are doing foe a dash pad but wish it had been available when I built my car

Just Dash has a 3 gauge pod option foe the A Body dash pad. Wish I had it, would look a lot better than gauges under the dash.

Stay away from a lot of color, LOTS GOING ON OUTSIDE

My 2 Cents

Yes, this is what I really meant, now that WildCat specifically says it. White, but with black carpet and dash pad. Headliner white.

I almost said all blue like the below post, but after envisioning it, I still think white is best. You need contrast with the outside with all that going on, and more plain will give that contrast, otherwise you will just be distracting from the impact of the exterior and I think will give the opposite result from what you're trying to (apparently) achieve.

Rusty
Great things to stimulate the brain. I only hope Im not confused more. Might just have to use the poll results, You do bring some good point up.

If you did that, that car would be in magazines so quick, it would make your head spin. It may anyway. I think it would look retro AWESOME.

I am blown away. Black seats with orange inserts leading 3:1. I think the 71 Roadrunner or Charger had a set up like this. Thanks FABO for so many good ideas and for voting. I'll let it run through the weekend.

I am blown away. Black seats with orange inserts leading 3:1. I think the 71 Roadrunner or Charger had a set up like this. Thanks FABO for so many good ideas and for voting. I'll let it run through the weekend.

My opinion only but it will look like a circus clown car, too many colors

K.I.S.S. keep it simple st***d

A wild paint job doesn't need the competition of the interior colors, nice clean white or even a light silver will compliment the car

If the car was all orange by all means black with orange piping, know a guy with a 67 Camero done this way and looks great.

Thank you all for the many different opinions. You may think I am crazy but after much consideration I chose a different option. I like color and this was hard for me but it made sense after reading your comments and searching the internet for interior pics. I have decided to use a white pearl with a saddle tan dash and carpet. I will probably remove the orange from the upper and lower door panels and use white or the tan. I'll have to wait on that until I get the interior in. My second choice was the black seats with orange inserts, but my wife weighed in after seeing an all white interior and convinced me. I think Rusty had it right as well as a few others. Anyway my appreciation for helping me with this hard decision. All is on order with Legendary.

-
Back