HELP! Shifter Linkage Woes :[

-

ckj688

Reaction score
I recently got a Hurst shifter (auto), and it came with the bracket shown, I'm having a problem with the transmission bracket hitting the kickdown. Anyone know a way to fix this or see anything wrong?

n215200221_83348_6746292.jpg

Thanks,
Craig

The factory bracket bends lower (which makes sense) but is longer, so I'm thinking the one that came with it must be short for a reason? Not too sure on this one...

I ran into the same problem,I ended up useing the longer factory one and cutting the extra threads off of the kickdown bolt for clearance.Hope this helps?Worked for me!Also put an extra spring on kickdown to make sure it returns!

Didn't the factory one clear the kickdown linkage for you though? I wish things could just fit! lol, you figure they would have mounted this stuff before they mass produced it...I see no other way around this then using the old bracket again or cutting the bold and maybe even bending the trans bracket down a little. Was length an issue for you? Seems that the stock trans bracket is like, an inch longer...

Can the trans lever be flipped so it offsets up instead of down ?

Can the trans lever be flipped so it offsets up instead of down ?

That's what I was wondering last night, I tried it, and one of the holes that go through the trans shaft had a notch in it, so it can only seat properly one way :/

I guess I knew that. Leaves cutting off some of the shift attach bolt and maybe bend the kickdown lever down just a tad. Good luck

I'm gunna need all the luck I can get, I was getting uber frustrated last night, bad enough it's such a tight spot to work in! :banghead: I just keep thinking I've got to be doing something wrong, there's gotta be people out there that have successfully done this or they would discontinue using this bracket as part of the kit?

As you found, the shift lever can't be flipped over.

Can you shim the KD lever up a little? I'd shorten the bolt or put shims under the ball stud side to move the threads up. Maybe a thinner nut would help too, more shims.

-
Back