help strokeing a 225

-
I suppose you could but don't they already have a 3 foot long stroke? LOL
toolman

Why do you want to stroke a 225. It is not cost effective. Better to bore and use the Weisco/K-1 piston/rod/ring package. Gives a .104 overbore and narrow "metric" ring pack and a long connecting rod. Less then $1,000. See here.
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36368

There are several companies that are making good slant six performance parts available.
Deciede what you want from your car, and what you have for a budget, and go from there.

you know really that's a pretty cool idea, i love seeing some of you guys hot rodding these slant 6's it's really amazing to see what you can get out of them. i wish you much luck on this build and really can't wait to see it done. I've also heard of someone putting a blower on a /6. someone on the forum had a pic of it but i'm not sure who. i think that would be an absolute killer idea. again good luck!!!!

There are several slants running with different types of blowers. Eaton style, GMC 4-71, Procharger, etc. Then there are the turbo guys, and the nitrous guys. There are slants running on methonal, E-85, Propane, and natural gas. If it works on a V-8, it will work on a slant. Just for FYI, the official slant six doorslammer record is 9.85 for the 1/4. If I am not mistaken Dale Rose, is running a slant powered Ply Arrow, in the heads up 10.00 class. That would normally mean the car has the capability of running into the nines.

My cars are low dollar cars, and run in the 13's. My 66 Valiant was built to show it is possible to build a 13 sec slant on the cheap. Had it on the track for $1,500 and the first weekend was in the high 13's. Have a little more in it now.

except for a custom crank u could only offset grind the journals but u should do like he said and just get longer 198 rods and use the 2.2L turbo pistons.

and if ur really going after it put a 600 DP on there! i do and its great! i just upped my primary jets to 67 and it loves it! P.S. stock radiator will hate u go aluminum...

mail me for pics...

hey, i have a 225 slant six that i had bored a little over stock to increase the compression ratio, it has a holly one barrel, but i want to go to a four barrel, my question is how much horse power will i gain if i go with an Offenhauser Slant Six 6 4 bbl Intake Manifold and a holly 4 barrel? would this be worth doing?

hi i was wondering how much does every thing coast when you stroke a 225

Thanks
they already top out around 5000rpm stock. why stroke it. you wont go past 4 hardly. if anything leave it. build a hi comp motor with a cam, head work,make it inhale and exhale like a champ and go spank some unsuspecting victims

198 rods are .300 longer than 225 rods. The CRANK has a shorter throw than a 225.
You can run a slant at 6000+ rpm's if you do head work and allow it to breath.
An Offfy intake can be put in place of a 1bbl with some increase in HP. How much will depend on Your engine and what all is done to it.
Frank

Take a look on the dot org site in Articles.

I built a long rod stroker.. Lot's of machine work. $$$

I built a 4.440" Stroker crank. With .045" over pistons I have 248 CI, and it is a torque monster. I've torn the vertical trunk braces loose from the trunk floor on launch, and I have subframe connectors. I haven't bothered with the M/T drag slicks since then. For the cost of the crank work you can have a very nice Nitrous system, and some other bits and pieces. Depending on where you go for your machine work, the crank work alone will come out in the 400 to 800 dollar range. You will need ARP rod bolts, machine work on the bottom of the bores to clearance the throws, and if you go out to the maximum, 4.500", you will need to machine the block to accept the throws.

With my heavily massaged 198 Rods and Toyota metric pistons, each assembly is considerably lighter than the stock 225 rod and piston. I regularly turn up 5000 and 5500 rpm. It's pretty well tapped after that due to cam choice.

With the 4.440" Stroke, 7.005" Rods, I have 0.125" off the deck, .040" off the head, and run 10.3:1 compression. The piston is still down the hole .070"

I run a 3000 rpm stall converter into 3.50 gears on a locker. Behind the slant I stall 2500 and flash 2600 rpm.

The only bigger stroke engines are Doc's 4.50" Stroke 225 rod one offs. One has been in his Dart Wagon for years, tows the race car to the track, and get's raced by Doc's son. He has it on a 1bbl.

I'm on an Offy, Carter 500 AFB and Dual Dutra Duals for 15.66 Second 1/4's. Still toying with timing.

Having built it and loved it, I'd say listen to Charrlie and stick with configurations that are a lot easier and cheaper to build. If the K1 option had been available when I built my drag motor, it would be a completely different configuration.

Was there a specific reason you wanted to build a stroker? Pulling stumps? :lol:

CJ

you know really that's a pretty cool idea, i love seeing some of you guys hot rodding these slant 6's it's really amazing to see what you can get out of them. i wish you much luck on this build and really can't wait to see it done. I've also heard of someone putting a blower on a /6. someone on the forum had a pic of it but i'm not sure who. i think that would be an absolute killer idea. again good luck!!!!

a couple years ago, me and my dad saw a 74 blown duster, slant six, cool idea

-
Back