Help to I.D. a Holley Carb?

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what carb came on the motor in my Duster so I can sell it. It's a 4bbl Holley dual feed double pumper with electric choke. In the first picture you can see the number on the top of it that's GR5534, then another that's 45R-111. On the side of the carb it says P-32.
It was on a 318 and way to big for it, I think.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Jon

100_0831.jpg

100_0830.jpg

Not 100% sure but it looks like one of the old 780cfm

There should be a list number stamped on the front of the air horn. Can you find and post it?

There should be a list number stamped on the front of the air horn. Can you find and post it?
From the picture I have on my computer there's a number that's 1166, but there might be more that I can't see in the picture. How many numbers should it be so I can check tomorrow?
Thanks,
Jon

A 780 was a VS carb, and by the venturies it looks like a 600 or maybe even a 390. But I've never seen a DBP with electric operated choke. What ever it is, it's a small one.
As for the # on the airhorn it will say list and then a P# or it will have R-then the #.

From the picture I have on my computer there's a number that's 1166, but there might be more that I can't see in the picture. How many numbers should it be so I can check tomorrow?
Thanks,
Jon

BJR is right, check for a number that starts with an R or says "list".

Look here. List number should be on the front side of the airhorn.

I finally got the number. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time around, but it is: List 477-8, then it also says 0101.
Thanks for the help. Also, what's a fair asking price for it?
-Jon

R4778 is a 4150 700 cfm.
If you go to the Holley Carb Web Site, click on the Technical Library Link. Then go to the Carb Numerical Listing. It will tell you all kinds of stuff like type, rebuild kit order number, original jet size, etc.
Good luck.

-
Back