help!. what are these wires..... with pics!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, first pic is of the wires that go to the altenator. there are five wires. in order from left to right, can anyone tell me which are which.

second pic is of the harness right where the oil pressure switch plugs in. but the wire to the right of it i have no clue. is this for the old points dist? and if it is, shouldnt there be two of them.

where on this harness does the two wires for the coil come in at? i am swiotching to elctronic ign., so i need some help

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 002.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 181
Can you tell us what the harness is out of?
C

The tan one with special terminal is definately the oil pressure sender.

this is the stock harness out of a 70 340 auto duster

i think the blue and green in the top pic is for a two field alternator. and the middle is for an AC compressor. one should be for a temp gauge and one for the electric choke (i believe) do you have a hot for the alt. ?

Top pic.

Thick one with no terminal is the stud for the alt.

Two skinny single wires with the same ends are fld on the alt.

The other two wires look like they may be for a/c ?

Bottom pic is oil press.

heres a diagram for the electronic ign. if you dont have one already. it is pretty much self contained.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 170
your dark BL? that feeds your single ballast is your ignition "run" wire. you should have a hot and ground running to your old dist that may be a connector unless it has been into before in which case they may be single wires now. and like stated , the white is for your oil pressure sender.

-
Back