-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
It’s on a75 duster.

IMG_0596.jpeg

IMG_0595.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0594.jpeg

Red button on the other side? It's the seat belt interlock relay and override. Find the yellow from the key & run it to the starter solenoid, or just bypass the contacts.

Does anyone not believe in getting a factory service manual for their car anymore?

I spent enough on the parts for this car. That's what these forums are for to help a brother out!

I spent enough on the parts for this car. That's what these forums are for to help a brother out!
You have no idea how many people ask that same question. If most used the search feature - that answer is there. It’s never about not “helping a brother out.” It about people asking the same question almost daily.

DOES IT HAVE a red button? If so it is the seat belt interlock. To "fix" it, splice the yellowish wires together, which is the "start" circuit.

EDIT: Scratch the below. I was thinking 74, I see you have a 75

I AM SENDING YOU A PM (conversation) watch for it and answer up

Interlock system was used on 75 models up to October 14, 1974. Check your build date.

As well as a Service manual, get a parts manual. These things are pushing 60 years old....
Yes sir. I cannot count the times I've used a factory part number to cross into the aftermarket and find an otherwise tough to find part.

Yep,
1.Lots of sales have a part # with no application.
2. Parts manual can tell if same part is used for multiple years/applications.
No excuses to not have either imo
Yes sir. I cannot count the times I've used a factory part number to cross into the aftermarket and find an otherwise tough to find part.

Last edited:
Yep,
1.Lots of sales have a part # with no application.
2. Parts manual can tell is same part is used for multiple years/applications.
No excuses to not have either imo
100% agree. Part numbers are critical if anyone wants to get into anything Mopar. All the hoarders use part numbers.

I'm willing to give someone a pass if they don't know what the hell a part is called. Everyone starts somewhere in the hobby. But that should be followed by that person getting a parts book and a service manual for that year.

Otherwise they'll have a hard time and will definitely pay more money for parts.

These cars are anywhere from 40-60 years old. In my teens(mid 80's), the cars that were 50 yr old then were 1920's, 30's and 40's. Guaranteed they had factory manuals and had to buy them. No reason nowadays with access to copies/net to not have them.
Not trying to pile on the OP, but you better have as much info at your fingertips as possible.
Help me help you lol.
100% agree. Part numbers are critical if anyone wants to get into anything Mopar. All the hoarders use part numbers.

I'm willing to give someone a pass if they don't know what the hell a part is called. Everyone starts somewhere in the hobby. But that should be followed by that person getting a parts book and a service manual for that year.

Otherwise they'll have a hard time and will definitely pay more money for parts.

Can you provide the link to the free manuals for the op please? Thank you.
There is no free 75 that I know of. I have a 74 which I'm willing to share via mail me a USB thumb, and I have sent that to MyMopar as well, but he hasn't figured a way to post it, I guess. The 74 is two quite large files.

I don't look for free manuals or manuals on CD or downloadable. I prefer printed manuals and first editions at that. Much less room for errors being transposed from one format to another, plus you have a BOOK you can put your hands on instead of relying on a computer that may have problems of its own. I just hawk ebay and find a good used manual I can afford. Just my opinion.

Here's a very affordable two volume set in great condition from a seller with perfect feedback.
Service Manuals

If there's no readable number on that old part, how would you find it in a parts manual? Read every page looking for a photo? Same goes for the service manual. If you don't know what it is or what system it belongs to, it would sure take a while to find....assuming there's a photo of it somewhere in the manual. I agree that this is where you SHOULD ask these types of questions. Get it identified first, then go from there on getting a replacement or remove/bypass it if it's unimportant. Lighten up guys.....:drama:

If there's no readable number on that old part, how would you find it in a parts manual? Read every page looking for a photo? Same goes for the service manual. If you don't know what it is or what system it belongs to, it would sure take a while to find....assuming there's a photo of it somewhere in the manual. I agree that this is where you SHOULD ask these types of questions. Get it identified first, then go from there on getting a replacement or remove/bypass it if it's unimportant. Lighten up guys.....:drama:
How do you think some of us learned what we think we know? WE read the service manuals!!! Along with any other publication we could get our hands on. Now that we have the internet, and unfortunately, search engines that are now more interested in selling us stuff than finding what we need and want, I have done a LOT of searches

I agree, and those of us who work on their own vehicles should have them. I'm just saying that asking a simple "what is this" should not be ridiculed. Could he order manuals, look for them online, trace wires to a component, etc, sure, but, if you need to know NOW and not wait hours, days, a week, this is the place to ask. It's not like he was asking a step by step process to rebuild and engine.....jeeeez.

Nobody's givin the guy grief, we're all just trying to help by making the suggestion he get a service manual and I even wen and FOUND him some. Why don't you just get lost?

-
Back