Help!! What is this box?

-
If he doesn't know what it's called, what exactly is he supposed to type into the search function to find it?

@Sixpack_Sid ignore the grouchy asses on here. Ask whatever questions you want. There's always going to be nice people who are willing to help you out, no matter how simple, basic or often asked the question is. If we all just referenced service manuals and avoided asking the same questions, this board would have almost no traffic anymore because it's not like much of anything has changed about these cars in decades. Yeah having a service manual and schematics are important but that doesn't always mean you can decipher them well enough to answer all your questions.
You obviously flunked the hell out of comprehension but no one had been grouchy.

I remember being in denial that the car was old enough/rare enough/ etc to have to use the big yellow Hemmings - but eventually I did. Yup. Went to dealers with parts managers that had the parts books and would help me out or even let me use them. Took lots of notes and made made sketches. Then with the part number would go through page after page of small print ads. Got a few things that way that I couldn't find by other means.
Yup, we actually had to work for it.

With a '75 Manual there 's at least a couple approaches.
Knowing nothing about the wiring, one approach is if its the engine bay to look at the CE diagrams and see which ones match. It's only a couple pages and the drawings are pretty clear.
Another approach is to look at the wire insulation colors (and sizes) to see which circuits it might be. It may be neccessary to wipe some of the grime off the wires. The manual has list of circuit names matched to the colors. Bugman posted a photo of it from '75 in post 26 this thread.
Combining the two ofcourse is also possible.

The more you do, the more you learn.

The post was about using the search feature on the forum to identify the part. What would he have typed in to search for it? Thingamajig? Doohickey?

Maybe the guy didn't know he could have gone to mymopar to get a manual? He could have thought they had to be purchased online with a week wait time for the mail to get here? I'm sure he assumed that the question would be safe to ask on a forum where hundreds of questions are asked and answered every week. 99% of the questions here could simply be solved with a "Use the search function and go buy a manual" response but that would make for a pretty boring forum.

You obviously flunked the hell out of comprehension but no one had been grouchy.

I've been around long enough to know your schtick. You can be very helpful or you can be a passive aggressive grouch and then gaslight people when they call you on it. I don't know if it's bi polar or old age but you do you man. My reading comprehension is just fine.

The post was about using the search feature on the forum to identify the part. What would he have typed in to search for it? Thingamajig? Doohickey?

Maybe the guy didn't know he could have gone to mymopar to get a manual? He could have thought they had to be purchased online with a week wait time for the mail to get here? I'm sure he assumed that the question would be safe to ask on a forum where hundreds of questions are asked and answered every week. 99% of the questions here could simply be solved with a "Use the search function and go buy a manual" response but that would make for a pretty boring forum.

I've been around long enough to know your schtick. You can be very helpful or you can be a passive aggressive grouch and then gaslight people when they call you on it. I don't know if it's bi polar or old age but you do you man. My reading comprehension is just fine.
Oh Lordy. You sure put way more into my "schtick" as you call it than there is. Congrats. You made the list.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your question. Obviously I thought it was about how to search in a manual when one doesn't know what a part is.

Maybe the guy didn't know he could have gone to mymopar to get a manual? He could have thought they had to be purchased online with a week wait time for the mail to get here?
Nope. He's been told several times where to find the '75 electrical diagrams because mymopar doesn't have a full '75 FSM. He was also told a decent vender (Bishko) that sells manuals.

I'm sure he assumed that the question would be safe to ask on a forum where hundreds of questions are asked and answered every week.
I don't know what he assumed. I assume some grouchy people are on every forum. I'm sure there are some here. Our opinions may differ on this, and I expect you will tell me so. LOL.
I do know he has asked twice about the same part and I reminded him that it was already answered and provided the link so he didn't have to search for it. Grouchy or helpful? You can call it what you want.

99% of the questions here could simply be solved with a "Use the search function and go buy a manual" response but that would make for a pretty boring forum.
Well that's your opinion. My perspective is that often it would bring out better questions, new answers, or just different information. So many things different about these cars, as well as many things the same. Troubleshooting, same thing. Sometimes people read something but they don't understand it because the picture is gone, or my explanation doen't clikc where someone elses does.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your question. Obviously I thought it was about how to search in a manual when one doesn't know what a part is.

Nope. He's been told several times where to find the '75 electrical diagrams because mymopar doesn't have a full '75 FSM. He was also told a decent vender (Bishko) that sells manuals.

I don't know what he assumed. I assume some grouchy people are on every forum. I'm sure there are some here. Our opinions may differ on this, and I expect you will tell me so. LOL.
I do know he has asked twice about the same part and I reminded him that it was already answered and provided the link so he didn't have to search for it. Grouchy or helpful? You can call it what you want.

Well that's your opinion. My perspective is that often it would bring out better questions, new answers, or just different information. So many things different about these cars, as well as many things the same. Troubleshooting, same thing. Sometimes people read something but they don't understand it because the picture is gone, or my explanation doen't clikc where someone elses does.
And don't forget I went and searched on my own time, found him service manuals for a reasonable price and posted them for him. He even said he bought them. But some other member calls "ME" the grouch. LOL

You're one of the good guys here who always seems to go out of his way to help people. I don't have a problem with anything you said and I don't think the thread starter does either.

The search function has some things to be desired. I have better success using googles tools.
Don't know google search tools? Google it.

If its just a rectangular metal can with no button on the other side, it looks exactly like the starter relay in my 79 motor
home

for my rv but they may help

IMAG001A.jpg

IMAG002A.jpg

IMAG003A.jpg

IMAG004.JPG

IMAG004A.jpg

IMAG008.GIF

Thanks for posting, but its not.
The correct answer was posted and photos linked.
Red button on the other side? It's the seat belt interlock relay and override. Find the yellow from the key & run it to the starter solenoid, or just bypass the contacts.

Interlock system was used on 75 models up to October 14, 1974. Check your build date.

Earlier this month the same question was asked…..

1975 Plymouth duster brake relay question?

From the diagram
1699125645377.png

Mandated for the '74 model year and a some unfortunate early '75 models

Mandated for the '74 model year and a some unfortunate early '75 models
I guess I got lucky, I had a 72 New Yorker Brougham and a 73 new port, and now the 79 coachman

OK, question, why does a 1974 have that interlock reset button but not on a 79?
Because the feds ordained and the pubic (NOT misspelled) raised hell. This was back when we citizens had a small amount of influence on the gobt

I have not disagreed with any one, what thread was that?

how do I remove the disagree icon?
Tap “remove” on the lower right of my post that you hit disagree on.

The “disagree” button is too close to the others, I can see it happening.

-
Back