Help with 64 Barracuda

-

Jimscuda

Reaction score
I'm in need of a few parts for my Barracuda. I need a grille center section and a pass fender. Also I would like to upgrade the rear to a 8 3/4. If I get an A body rear will it fit without any issues? I see most A body parts they advertise as 67-76. Are the early A's that different?

The 8 3/4 will fit, you will only need to shorten the drive shaft if you are replacing a 7 1/4. If you have 9 in brakes I'd get at least some 10 in drums.

I'm in need of a few parts for my Barracuda. I need a grille center section and a pass fender. Also I would like to upgrade the rear to a 8 3/4. If I get an A body rear will it fit without any issues? I see most A body parts they advertise as 67-76. Are the early A's that different?
I'm pretty sure you will be able to find those parts here on FABO. Recently seen the grill center section listed. Good Luck! 65'

There is a center grill section on eBay for 175, but it has broken tabs

The 8.75 may tickle your gas tank too. not anything a little bump with a sledge wont take care of. You can get an "A" 8.25 for it too, but itll be BBP and it will probably be 1/3 the price too. Plenty strong for a light early A.

I have a center section in the attic. I can check on the condition and report back. Let me know if you are interested. The fender is a ONE year only part. Lucky for you there were a LOT of Valiants built in 64. The Valiant and Barracuda use the same fender.
The rear axle: Any A body axle will fit any A body car. The chassis did get wider in 1967 but most of the suspension parts will interchange. The price of an 8 3/4" can be pretty stiff. I'm talking $500 for a well used setup needing brakes, brake lines, maybe even gears and axle bearings. I have seen 67-72 8 3/4" axles go for close to $1000 when fitted with rebuilt 10: brakes, a 3.55 gear and a LSD.
A cheaper option is the 8 1/4" axle. These came in 73-76 A body cars and fit all the way back to 1963 models. They are very tough but the one thing that may be a drawback to you: They ALL used the larger bolt pattern wheel like the Charger, Challenger, Monaco, etc.

The body line changed from 64 to 65. This is a 64 fender.

IMG_1117.JPG

Don't take this wrong but I'd need confirmation on that from another source.

I have owned 10 64 and 65 Barracudas. You dont need to believe me just dont lead someone down the wrong path by misleading them. Again the 64 Valiant is different on the body line the 64 and 65 Barracuda are the same. Please do research before telling the OP incorrect info. No need for a pissing match and I am not taking it wrong.

Are YOU paid to answer questions here ? I am not. I'm sure nobody else is either. I have no incentive to respond to people other than to help them. Who would spend the time to purposely mislead people? That is certainly not my intention so the way you worded your response wasn't as cool or as polite as you usually are. If you are certain that you are right, that is fine. Maybe you are. I have owned 29 A body cars. Does that make me better than you? Probably not. Most of my experience is with the 67-76 models. I had a 65 Barracuda and currently own a 65 Valiant convertible. I have a friend with a 64 Valiant.They follow the designs that I described in the pictures. I don't recall seeing a 64 Barracuda recently. I guess you are claiming that the 64 Barracuda does not have that pronounced spear that runs lower toward the rear? The 64 and 65 Barracuda use the same fender? If so, that is something new to me. I'm always willing to learn as long as those with the information are not condescending when they share it.

I said it twice and you kept coming back that I was wrong and needed to provide proof. That makes me come across as condescending. I would not want someone that is not sure to tell me what they think is fact and when I am not sure I say that in my statement. I am not being paid I just try to help others when I can for the love of cars. I was into Ford and Chevy but dad was Mopar. I have somewhat of a vast knowledge that when I know I am correct I try to share it. Hell I have even had people argue with me that the 65 Malibu SS was a motor swap if it had the 327 and 10 bolt, wrong they all came that way only a few were 396 with a 12 bolt.Trust me when I say something.

Read the above. Don't let your ego lead you astray, just read what I wrote. I did not edit anything. I merely questioned what you wrote. If you have such an ego that you get offended or pissy when someone DARES to question your vast knowledge, then that is YOUR problem to deal with. I was completely reasonable and respectful about the matter. I have no clue who you are. You could be the designer of the Valiant or just some stinky bum that stumbled into an internet cafe. So I am the bad guy for doubting your word?
No, I am not.
I did a google search and saw that you are right. I never said that you were wrong... go back and look.

I said it twice and you kept coming back that I was wrong and needed to provide proof. (I did not "keep coming back" with anything)That makes me come across as condescending. I would not want someone that is not sure to tell me what they think is fact and when I am not sure I say that in my statement. I am not being paid I just try to help others when I can for the love of cars. I was into Ford and Chevy but dad was Mopar. I have somewhat of a vast knowledge that when I know I am correct I try to share it.

Wow...with all this vast knowledge, maybe you should ask Joey to ban all the other members and just have YOU answer all the tech questions?

Wow...with all this vast knowledge, maybe you should ask Joey to ban all the other members and just have YOU answer all the tech questions?
It might be best with your attitude to just put me on ignore then you wont be able to see what I post or learn from anything I say.

I have never put anyone on ignore. I am humble and smart enough to sift through what I want to read and do not. Wearing blinders may work for some but by doing so, you may miss something useful.

My 64 Barracuda and 65 Valiant, Same front fender lines, 64 & 65 Barracuda and 65 Valiant have the same front fenders. 64 Valiant different front fender.
nov13_0001[1].JPG

june2120090001.jpg

-
Back