Help with Holley options

-

henrikolsson

Reaction score
I am about to order a new 650 dp. I think i am going with a shiny aluminum one, but on summits site this one Only got one (bad) rewiev. Is there any problem with this perticular model?

Were there any good reviews? How many?

Are there more good than bad reviews.

Keep in mind that you can't please everyone, but if you please most or 99% of the customers, then it may be just one disgruntled customer or someone who doesn't know how to set up and tune a carb....

I would take account what the "masses" say over one bad review...

There was only one rewiev on this carb, and thats a bad one. I dont acually belive that it's a bad product but i felt the need to ask. It's a big pile of cash...

keep in mind that most people dont write positive reviews, only negative. if theyre happy with it they dont say anything, if theyre unhappy they complain. if the company is still selling it then likely people are buying it.

I have a couple of the all aluminum 750 Holley Ultra double pumpers and they seem to be easier to tune than the cast zinc versions. The quality is better overall.

The one i am eyeballing is not the ultra version but it's in all aluminum. Maybe it's the model before the ultra 0-4777sa is the number.

probably a couple million holley 650 dp have been sold over the 40 + years they have been made...one bad review...LOL

no carburator is a bolt on out of the box...it must be adjusted for the car that it is going to run on ...plus elevation...humidity and other things effect the tune of a carb....

The one i am eyeballing is not the ultra version but it's in all aluminum. Maybe it's the model before the ultra 0-4777sa is the number.

That's the first I've seen of that number, but I could have overlooked it. It may be a new, cheaper version. Summit has them for the same price, and free shipping too. It may use cast aluminum components while the Ultra uses billet aluminum parts. That could explain the price difference. This is the 750 I use and they are available with manual or electric chokes. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-76751bl/overview/

If it is a new version of the 650, people do say to avoid brand new models of things, including cars & trucks, to make sure there aren't any issues with them.

-
Back