help with ideas please........

-

burrpenick

'69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I'm looking at a '69 Bcuda notchback owned by a trusted friend and Mopar expert. He put this together for a limited race series about 8 yrs ago that allowed spending of up to $2000 and featured a 1/4 run and an auto cross type ride. Its not been used in a few years and would need a complete interior to make it street worthy.

1 Was considering something like a Chrysler Sebring convertible set up- seats have the belts integrated, would be lighter and more comfortable than the missing stockers too. Andmy local picknpull has alot of them.

2 He has 15" cop car wheels on the car now w/no caps. I dont love dog dish either, and would prefer to keep these on, but not sure what dress up options I'd have. Not worried about the stock look. I liked the deluxe caps I've seen on a few Cudas that had holes for the lug nuts, but not sure they ever made those for 15" wheels or whether they would even fit on the wider rear cop rims? I also know they are somewhat heavy........so maybe a lighter after mkt wheel would be best (already has the BBpattern.)

For the first part, I don't know where in Florida you are, but I have a set of buckets out a Mercedes that you could have. They have power seats and the seatbelt integrated I believe.

For the second part, you could try looking at B or C body hubcaps maybe. I'm not sure if they made a lot of 15" hubcaps, but I would think that would be your better bet if you're against the poverty caps

any pics of the car?

to me most late model seats just look out of place in a 60's car. the integrated seat belt would be a deal breaker for me,

any pics of the car?

to me most late model seats just look out of place in a 60's car. the integrated seat belt would be a deal breaker for me,
possibly, and I know it possible to have more standard type modern seats covered to look like originals, but, I'm not looking for originality here, but comfort and safety wouldnt be a bad thing for me! My buddy just installed new challenger seats and console in his 69 RR and it looks and feels fabulous.

richard.jpg

Those mag look hubcaps with holes for long/expensive lug nuts were 13 and 14 inch only. I'm almost certain that type hubcap disappeared after 67.
A 69 mag look hubcap will have the lugs cast/included. Still only 14 inch though.
There probably is a plastic mag look hub cap at Walmart or somewhere that will look OK and mount on that 15 inch wheel.

Those mag look hubcaps with holes for long/expensive lug nuts were 13 and 14 inch only. I'm almost certain that type hubcap disappeared after 67.
A 69 mag look hubcap will have the lugs cast/included. Still only 14 inch though.
There probably is a plastic mag look hub cap at Walmart or somewhere that will look OK and mount on that 15 inch wheel.
I thought 14" may be the max for that cap- I had a set at one time that were very heavy. Maybe I'm too concerned about that aspect- heck, I'm no racer, but always just like light! I like Rallys though, and I know they have the center register. At one time you could get light plastic centers for them that looked like the CONE style, not sure if they are still around. I may even go the dog dish route although I never loved them............

Yep there were some composite mag look hubcaps (3 or more pieces screwed together ). Although only 14 inch, very heavy. These hubcaps were apt to leave a front wheel too. I suspect a soft sidewall radial tire was a player in that happening.

Maybe paint or powdercoat the wheels you have and throw a pretty set of lugnuts on it and call it a day?

If you post a picture of the car and want aftermarket wheel recommendations we can go that way too.

-
Back